JP
Posted By
James_Parenti
Jul 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use CS to resize an image, the default size is always presented in inches. Since I’m working in points or pixels, I have to scroll down and change the inches to points and it gets a little tedious. Is there a way to make the default image size dialogue present the document dimensions in points instead of inches?

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 31, 2004
Change your Prefs: Units & Rulers;
or
Control-click on the Rulers of an open document and choose "Points" before resizing.
B
Buko
Jul 31, 2004
Did you look in preferances??

Have you thought about reading the manual???
JP
James_Parenti
Aug 4, 2004
Thank you, Ann, for your helpful response to my query. I had initially tried using the preferences but couldn’t get the image size to appear as points, despite the settings. I hadn’t been aware I should control-click the rulers to change the units and I guess I was thrown because I already had the rulers set to points. I appreciate your help and sorry I missed your response the first time.

"Buko," perhaps you could make note of Ann’s constructive response to my issue and withhold comments in the future as little jabs like yours help nobody.

James Parenti
Chicago, IL
773-469-8843
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
James:

I can "jab" non-readers of Manuals and FAQs even harder than Buko on occasion—you were just lucky that you happened to catch me on a good day!

However, you will have reason to be grateful that Buko drops in here when you have a really difficult problem to solve.

:~)
B
Buko
Aug 4, 2004
Can’t get more constructive than reading the manual.

But since laziness is rewarded in our schools its no wonder people can’t be bothered to RTFM when they can just ask someone.
JP
James_Parenti
Aug 5, 2004
Shame on both of you – people come to these forums for help and advice, not to be told they’re lazy or inept. It seems a query like mine is par for the course on these forums. If this is how you respond to the others, you shouldn’t be here.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 5, 2004
James:

Remember that we are all just fellow users like you but, because WE read the manual, YOU got help here.

Suggestion:

Instead of berating those who helped you, do some reading and learning yourself—so that you can come back here to help others.

:~)
Aug 5, 2004
A bunch of free wirelss minutes could be used to great evil ends right about now.
R
Ram
Aug 5, 2004
James,

Shame on both of you … If this is how you respond to the others, you shouldn’t be here.

If this is your attitude, maybe you should reconsider ever coming back here for help. You have just ticked off the most helpful forum regulars and a lot of the rest of us. Your user ID will be remembered by all of us next time you ask for help.

Read the following link in its entirety:

LenHewitt "How to Ask Effective Questions" 7/9/04 6:57pm </cgi-bin/webx?13>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 5, 2004
James Parenti "Do I really deserve this?" 8/5/04 11:31am </cgi-bin/webx?13>

So does he?!
JP
James_Parenti
Aug 5, 2004
Thank you all – you know I decided contact the forum comments about this and I’d like to quote another user’s response:

"Photoshop [the forum], for reasons that are not clear to me, has a distinctly snotty and immature group attached to it. This not true of the vast majority of folk there but this ‘gang’ is always ready to pounce on someone they perceive as below their standards"

He couldn’t possibly be referring to any of you, could he?

James
PS – I have read the manual and rarely need help. That doesn’t make me an automatic expert, though. That said, I think this may be the first time in years of using Photoshop that I’ve consulted the Photoshop forum for assistance. Can you say the same?
DV
Dirck_Van_Lieu
Aug 5, 2004
You have yet to hear from a moderator.
JP
James_Parenti
Aug 5, 2004
True, my bad, I just noticed that, but clearly, I’m not the only one to go to Photoshop and get sniped at.

Jim
R
Ram
Aug 5, 2004
James,

Garrett is no moderator. He considers himself "a victim". Birds of a feather…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 5, 2004
Take my advice James and become a Helper and not just a Taker and a Griper.

You received help—now "Pay it Forward".
JP
James_Parenti
Aug 6, 2004
Ramón,

Hmm…"Birds of a feather".

Interesting observation. How about you? What kind of bird do you imagine yourself to be? It would seem that a person who sits safely at his computer terminal making idle threats to someone who probably lives hundreds of miles away can only resemble one kind.

James Parenti
DV
Dirck_Van_Lieu
Aug 6, 2004
I wonder how long this will go on…
G
graffiti
Aug 6, 2004
I wonder how long this will go on…

How much time ya got?
R
Ram
Aug 6, 2004
"Idle threats"? What threats, you whippersnapper?

I had already replied to your posts in the Forum Announcements section. Here it goes again:

James Parenti,

I also haven’t had a user threaten to respond to all future posts that I might make with deliberately misinforming responses as Mr. Castañeda did (that, by the way, is totally out of line).

You are full of it!

Plain and simple.

I wrote that your user ID will be remembered, and I meant it. You won’t be getting any help from me –and presumably not from the other users you berated.

From that to accusing me of making threats there’s an abyss that only someone with an IQ lower than that of a slug could overlook.

If Mr. Castañeda and ‘Buko’ and their ilk are fed up with repeated requests for help, then they have a problem and should go …

And don’t presume to give me any advice either. The individual who can tell me where to go hasn’t been born yet.
R
Ram
Aug 6, 2004
You’re pathetic, Parenti.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 6, 2004
James,

Some friendly, helpful advice. No jabs. No sarcasm. No insults. Just some friendly advice for getting along famously in these forums.

Please drop this. And move on. You’re stepping on an awful lot of toes.

Thanks.

Neil
DV
Dirck_Van_Lieu
Aug 6, 2004
I think the waters on both edges of this puddle could use calming.
G
graffiti
Aug 6, 2004
I think the waters on both edges of this puddle could use calming.

Yup.
JK
John_Kallios
Aug 6, 2004
Yuck…what did I just step in here. (backing away scraping shoe against curb and muttering obsenities to myself)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections