TB
Posted By
Thom_Blumenkamp
Jan 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to this forum but was wondering if anyone has had a problems with the Olympus 440 Dye Sub Printer accurately reproducing the colors on the screen. I can print a pic on my HP 1220c and it prints wonderfully but on the Olympus it seems dull and flat. I have tried to adjust the colors in the Olympus printer window but have not been able to reproduce the colors as well as on the HP.

Any thoughts?

Thom in Texas

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups ๐Ÿ”ฅ

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 6, 2004
Have you done any searches for information about dye subs? There was a post a few days ago in which someone made brief mention of the fact many of them do have a tendency to produce a print in which the colors aren’t as vibrant as with inkjets. That might be worth looking into while you’re waiting for other responses here.
TB
Thom_Blumenkamp
Jan 6, 2004
Thanks for the reply. I am not quite sure if I know how to search this forum. I did a general search but did not find any post. I scanned the forum back to 12-28 and did not see anything either. From what I did pull up I see there is a lot to learn about colors!

Thom in Texas
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 6, 2004
ยก? ?d I meant a Google search or something like that. I don’t think there’s much of anything here on the forum. I’m only remembering one brief reference from a couple of days ago. I’ll see if I can find it, but it didn’t have any detail to speak of.

Edit: Here’s the sentence. I toldl you it was brief! ๐Ÿ™‚

"I thought the pigment inkset would be less colorful, but I don’t see it !"

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections