G
Posted By
gojeffgo
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a mac user, OSX ver.10.2.8, and have Photoshop ver 7.0 installed on my G4. Whenever I use any brush or tool for a couple minutes or more, my machine freezes and I need to reboot. Any idea why it crashes like this?

please help! Thx, Jeff

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 29, 2004
have Photoshop ver 7.0 installed

You haven’t updated to 7.0.1?
G
gojeffgo
Jul 29, 2004
Yes, I have, sorry should have been more clear. Still crashes.
R
Ram
Jul 29, 2004
First thing to try is to quit Photoshop, trash your Photoshop preferences and re-launch the application.

After that, if it’s still crashing, try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.

I know it sounds like OS X voodoo, and it is; but it fixes and prevents a bunch of problems.

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 31, 2004

1) if the whole machine locks up – that is not a crash.

2) locking the whole machine usually means a hardware problem (bad RAM, bad motherboard, etc.)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections