RB
Posted By
Randy_Baer
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a color spectrum chart for Photoshop? I’d rather avoid building one myself if at all possible. Would be really nice to get both an RGB and a CMYK version.

TIA!

R~

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 29, 2004
yea…
BF
Bruce_Fraser
Jul 29, 2004
You can download an RGB version from

<http://www.colorremedies.com/realworldcolor/downloads.html>

The file you want is Granger Rainbow.

You’re on your own for the CMYK version.
GB
g_ballard
Jul 29, 2004
Thanks, Bruce.

RE: Untagged RGB test files

I see GrangerRainbow.tif has no embedded profile.

I recently saw some other people’s professional "test" files without embedded profiles.

This has me wondering…

When I opened ProfileCity’s RGB (I think it was called Linear) Target to print (so they could read my inks and build my Epson profile) — they had me turn "Color Management Off" in Photoshop’s Color Settings (and use the Same As Source PrintSpace).

I would think that makes Photoshop (incorrectly) Assume the RGB is my Monitor RGB?

That doesn’t make a lot of sense…wouldn’t Assigning the actual Source Space to the RGB in Photoshop be better?

Why don’t these type of "target" files at least tell us what its Color Space is?

How can they be 100% useful to us if we don’t know the actual Source Space?

Anyone?
BF
Bruce_Fraser
Jul 30, 2004
–>Why don’t these type of "target" files at least tell us what its Color Space is?

Because all that matters in these targets is the numbers—we’re sending numbers as a way of determining device or profile behavior.

Evaluation images, where a specific color appearance is desired, would be a different matter, but the rainbow is just a sampling of the RGB numbers. It’s designed to be used in two different ways.

1.) Assigning different profiles to see their behavior

2.) Assigning a working space profile, then converting to an output profile to see how the RGB numbers get rendered.
RB
Randy_Baer
Jul 30, 2004
Thanks – the RGB will help. I really hope I can find a CMYK version somewhere…

Thanks again!

R~

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections