MK
Posted By
Michael_Knowles
Oct 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Lets say I wanted to create a simple rollover. I wanted the user to move their cursor over a section of the original image, when this happened the the entire over state wouold be seen

In photoshop 7 I created an image of a wall with the word love on it. I created a slice areound the word love and when the user moved his cursor over the selected area, he would see a sunset. You can see this by clicking on < http://207.150.221.98/know2771/Photoshop/Love%20wall/Sunrise .html>

When I tried this Photoshop CS I couldn’t get any where, I did the exact sme thing as I did in Photshop 7, and you can see the results by clicking on < http://www.know2771.com/Photoshop/Sunrise%20CS/red-sunrise-C S.html>.

Is it possible to get the same effect in Photoshop CS that I could in Photoshop 7

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 21, 2005
Michael,

I’d expect PSCS to behave much the same as PS7 in the javascript that it generates, and viewing the source code of those two pages that does seem to be the case. However, for the 2nd example that you say isn’t behaving correctly, I only see one image being loaded and utilized for the rollover. For the 1st example, you load up four images that are assembled to appear as one, so could it be you simply haven’t created four such images for your 2nd example? The procedure for defining the images of rollover states may differ somewhat between PS7 and PSCS such that you’ve just left some images out. I don’t have PS7 to compare to PSCS at the moment, or I’d try to be more specific.

Regards,

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections