C
Posted By
chrisfritsche
Oct 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how can I create a flare that has not rings and is more horizontal than vertical, what I mean it is, if the flare was highlited the marquee would looked like long rectangle, I don’t want a uniform flare. Also how can the color be adjusted. I realize that the first two flares are more yeoow, and the last one is more blue, I need a broad range of colors to choice from.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 21, 2005
???

Post an example of what you’re after, tell us the link to it. Otherwise, your question, well, doesn’t make sense.
C
chrisfritsche
Oct 21, 2005
<http://satobs.org/iridium.html>

it is the first image, notice how it is wider than it is tall, something like that.

I use Apples motion to do this sometimes, it has a pull down flare generator, for controling hieght, width, ring, coloer, intensity, etc. this would be nice in photoshop, but right now I just need to try and come up with a good way of accomplishing it.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 21, 2005
I dunno. I am betting you mean the second image, called iridfl.jpg.

A lot of "how" depends on the intent and your familiarity with photoshop. That said, the first thing that came to my mind, was to draw an ellipical marquee, convert it to a path, then use the pen tool to tweak it to the way you like it. Once you have that, fill or color change is a breeze because you can load the path as a selection and then use an adjustment layer from the layers palette, or apply a style from the layers palette.

Peace,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections