M
Posted By
MikeS
Oct 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have elements 3 and it work with the latest raw converter until I installed Nikon View. The raw converter in elements 3 has reverted to the plugging raw converter that was used on element 2.
Ie has only a few adjustment sliders.
Does anyone know how to keep elements working ok with Nikon Vew. Mikes

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 21, 2005
Mike,

Were you using Nikon’s own raw convertor or the
Adobe supplied one?

Regards

Mike H
M
MikeS
Oct 22, 2005
Hi Mike,

Nikon View has its own Nikon Adobe raw converter built in as has Photoshop Elements 3.

I tried to update emelents 3’s raw converter but it was crippled back to the original that was an extra pluggin for elements 3 which only has a few adjustment sliders. This broblem happened when I installed Nikon view after Abobe elements 3.

Nikon disclaim any responsibliity for this, but mention it on their web site stating talk to adobe as they are not respcosile for adobe.

Which is rich thinking about it , owning up to problems cause by their program and then washng their hands of it. .

MikeS
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
Mike,

Were you using Nikon’s own raw convertor or the
Adobe supplied one?

Regards

Mike H

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 22, 2005
"MikeS" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

Nikon View has its own Nikon Adobe raw converter built in as has Photoshop Elements 3.

I tried to update emelents 3’s raw converter but it was crippled back to the original that was an extra pluggin for elements 3 which only has a few adjustment sliders. This broblem happened when I installed Nikon view after Abobe elements 3.
How did you do this? When I updated mine (D70) in Photoshop CS I had to go into the folder where the converter was and rename it, to, in effect disable it. Then I put the newer version in its place. This way, if any problems were encountered with the new converter, it was simply a matter of deleting it and renaming the old one back to its old name. These instructions came from the Adobe web site for PSCS, I wouldn’t think that the process was different for Elements.

HTH
Mike H
M
MikeS
Oct 23, 2005
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
"MikeS" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

How did you do this? When I updated mine (D70) in Photoshop CS I had to go into the folder where the converter was and rename it, to, in effect disable it. Then I put the newer version in its place. This way, if any problems were encountered with the new converter, it was simply a matter of deleting it and renaming the old one back to its old name. These instructions came from the Adobe web site for PSCS, I wouldn’t think that the process was different for Elements.

HTH
Mike H
Mike H
Your correct I did as you did but as I’d already installed Nikon view and the elements pluggin it did not work I removed Nikon view and removed Elements then re-installed Elements and after that re-installed Nikon View after this Emelemnts raw pluggin worked. I’m contacting Nikon to find if they have any answers.

regards MikeS

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections