Ray—do you still have Jodi’s frames available for download?

NS
Posted By
Nancy_S
Jan 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ray,

There has been a request for her frames. Just wondering if you are still being the source.

nancy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 4, 2004
Nancy, i am able to send the smaller file frames…metallics and other similar. It was just the wood ones I couldn’t share with my dial-up because it was such a large file. I still get mail for them.
R
Ray
Jan 4, 2004
I don’t have them any more. I mean, not as a zip file or anything.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 4, 2004
Jodi,

Oh great. Charles would like them. In another thread I suggested he email you to give you his destination address.

Ray,

Thanks for the come back too

Nancy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 4, 2004
I have, inside my PSE;
Jodi’s Inner Glows
Wood frame 06-001
Wood frame 06-002
Metallic Frames

They are inside the Layer Styles. If there is any way to copy them out, I have a cable system, and can send them to you.
I have not a clue about taking things out and putting things into PSE, so somebody will have to guide me thru the process, so that I don’t mess anything up. Nor do I understand condensing stuff, using Zip and the like.
Remember how long it took me to insert the goodies into the right places inside PSE. And remember how royally I screwed up when I tried to insert the Hidden Power goodies. If this can be done, let me know.
And it would be good for me to learn how to do some of this, so that I would feel more confident, and wouldn’t have to be guided all the time for this.
Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 4, 2004
Jane,

I think he is in touch with Jodi, but he will know of your kind offer for the larger files, the wood ones.

Just so you know though…it would be a very simple matter to pass on the files to another person. The files she created weren’t executable, they weren’t programs. They were just to be placed in the correct PSE folder, no installation program to run. The ones that were zipped just needed to be uncompressed and placed in the appropriate folder. So, all one would have to do is set up an email and for the attachment, browse to that PSE folder, highlight the correct file and tell your email client to attach it. Though I think I remember some people saying their email client didn’t like sending attachments in that format.

However, the problem with the larger ones is their size exceeds the limit of most people’s email system. I believe my internet provider will only allow files less than 1 M.

Nancy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 5, 2004
Thank you, Nancy, I need to get to understand how all this is done. The e-mail part I can do, or something being put on a website to be downloaded, is OK too, but the Zipping(condensing, or compressing, whatever its called), and the actual placing into PSE and making it work is where I need help.
I was able to put my EyeCandy and all my other filters in OK, but it is the special little things and goodies that need to be placed in particular sections of PSE, is where my problem lies. Some things have to be ‘placed’ carefully and not just ‘dropped’, and thats where I am bewildered.
So when anybody needs help doing this, or is using instructions as how to do this, please include me in the learning process.
Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Jane,

The difference you cite is because things like Eye Candy are executable files, they come with an installer, which is why you don’t feel insecure. You just pop in the CD and usually the installer asks a couple of questions (language, serial number, whatever) and it takes care of placing the plugins in the appropriate folder. Even if you purchase online the right to a download of plugins, once you have downloaded the file it only requires double clicking to set the installer in action (mostly the way they are set up). For most plugins, you don’t really need an installer as all it is doing is placing the plugin in the appropriate folder. When you install real programs, the installation is alot more complicated than just placing a file in a folder, your whole system is involved, as are many folders. When free plugins are available, the author always makes information available as to where the plugin belongs on your system. They are just placed (or a copy of) in a specified folder.

Perhaps your placement problem is because you don’t know how to get to a screen comparible to Explorer in Windows. Using Explorer, one can show the entire hierarchy of folder structure and contents. This is why it is so simple to locate the correct folder and place the plugin in it. Never having used a Mac, I don’t know the equivalent. I am hoping some Mac person will chime in here.

Nancy
PL
Paul_L_UK
Jan 5, 2004
Jodi

I have 250M of webspace not being used much, so if you want me to put files up there, you’re very welcome (once I figure out how to do it). You can get me at paul at pbl dot me dot uk (should keep the spammers at bay)

Paul
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 5, 2004
Hi Nancy, Thank you! Now I understand this a bit better. Yes, the plug-ins went ‘plop’ right into their proper places. And some of the ones I downloaded were OK too. There were instructions for them or my instructor gave us work-around instructions.
But when I look at my PSE innards, some things are in folders together, and some seem to be totally helter-skelter. I posted a couple of screen shots of where some of the things were, and some people gave some help and advice, but I am still confused.
That is probably one reason, as I never could visually match my PSE files with other screen shots, so that I could actually see where things should be. Almost everything is OK now, but how or why still eludes me. But thanks to your explanation, I do understand where I went wrong now. I will give the HP tools another try later on. I did position some correctly, but not all of them.
Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Jane,

One more thing…you only THINK that compressed files are confusing. Compression of files is as easy to comprehend as; a poofy down sleeping bag jammed into a small nylon sac because that compression into a smaller container makes it easier to carry around…before it is used, the restrictive container sac is opened and the down bag expands to its normal size. Winzip and Stuffit perform this compression and decompression for you. One item, or many may be included in this bundle. When opened, the item(s) decompress to full size and will be extracted from the container to a location of your choice. The contents are not usable until they assume their normal size again.
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 5, 2004
Hi Nancy, Thank you for another great explanation! I have Stuffit extractor, and that seems to work for what I have used so far. Immediatly after I download something, it unstuffs, and becomes something on my desktop waiting for me to take it to its proper place in PSE.
It is where to position those extra things like HP tools inside PSE, that gets my goat.

Actually I now have all my filters installed except for the Andromeda "Three-D Luxe" filter but its on a CD and should be easy like the Xenoflex and the others.
Thanks for the detailed instructions! I feel much better and braver about installing now. Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections