Posted By
Amedeo_De_Palma
Oct 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have been experiencing a problem with digital camera files in Photoshop cs1. These image files will open vertically and can not be saved as proper horizontal images. I rotate and save but when I open up the images again they remain vertical.
Is anyone aware of a patch or update or anything that will solve this problem? Does this problem occur with CS2 as well ?

thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BW
Brad_Winckler
Oct 21, 2005
What kind of camera is this? Is this a regular .jpeg file? If you copy the image to a new document can you then rotate and save? Can you modify the pictures in other ways and save the changes? If not, do you have read/write access to the file (some cameras export their pictures as read only). I hope this helps narrow down what’s going on.
P
Peter
Oct 21, 2005
I don’t have that problem with CS2. I use Nikon raw images.

Peter
All things being equal,
a fat person uses more soap
than a skinny person.

wrote in message
Hello,
I have been experiencing a problem with digital camera files in Photoshop cs1. These image files will open vertically and can not be saved as proper horizontal images. I rotate and save but when I open up the images again they remain vertical.
Is anyone aware of a patch or update or anything that will solve this problem? Does this problem occur with CS2 as well ?

thanks
AD
Amedeo_De_Palma
Oct 24, 2005
Hi Brad,

We use Canon G6 cameras and the files are down loaded as normal jpegs that are readable by Photoshop. We do have access to the file info but we deal with many images so it can get labor intensive trying to encode every file. I’m hoping for an easier solution.

Our agency stitches together panoramas so mostly all of the jpegs we import into Photoshop are placed into new files. We than color correct and enhance the image so their is a lot of work we do to the file. Regardless of all the changes we make to the jpeg it will open up vertical in the next run. This doesn’t happen to all the jpegs we work with so it a rather strange phenomenon. The problem occurs to both stitched and single images so it can’t be the panorama software either.

I’m starting to think that it’s something we do when importing images. Sometimes we avoid using the Cannon software and just down load straight from the pc operating system. I’ll have to compare the two ways of down loading in my next run.

Thanks for your reply and any further advice you can give.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections