OT Here’s another funny one(funny money)

JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In our Cape Cod Times this morning,,,,,
"Computer technology spurs counterfeiting on Cape" This was a long article, and they caught the woman finally; she was passing $100s in ice cream shops.

But this is what I find interesting,,,,
"Try to open a photograph of a US bill on the Adobe Photoshop computer imaging program and the following message pops up: ‘This application does not support the unauthorized processing of banknote
images.’ "

Is that true? I don’t think so,,,,
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 2, 2004
I for one am more likely to see an ice cream shop as apposed to $100 bill. 😉

The old vaudeville question "If you put your hand in you left pants pocket and pulled out $20 and then put your hand in your right pocket and pulled out $10 what would you have?" Holds true for me.

Grant

Answer: Someone else’s pants on.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
Jane, i just scanned a dollar bill into elements and had no message while attempting to do anything with it…ya had me real curious though.

Anyone know where you can buy printing paper that feels and looks like US currency ? 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 2, 2004
Hi Jodi, I made Christmas ornaments out of scanned 100 and 20s, and they came out mighty well! Never got any such message either, I think the newspaper was just trying to discourage the copycats.
Lets go get a super inkjet and some fancy paper,,,,,,,,,, Jane

PS, how do you get the little smileys on your messages?
j
J
jhjl1
Jan 2, 2004
Jasc PSP 8 gives a message if you try and open or print any currency. It was a feature requested by the government and is being implemented in new software.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 2, 2004
Jane,

To do a smiley just do : ) without the gap between the colon and the open bracket.

Wendy
BG
Byron_Gale
Jan 2, 2004
In this conversation at iPhotoForum, the OP has a screen capture of PS-CS giving just such a warning.

http://www.iphotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4604
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 2, 2004
OK there go my funny ornaments, naaaaaa, I will make a few more, but maybe I will go for the BWI, CA, and Island money that is so pretty, but won’t get me in trouble, no matter who sees the things on our Christmas tree. But it is fun,,,,,,
Jane
PS
You know, one of my projects that I never have gotten around to, is to take my husband’s awesome paper money collection and the collection from his father’s trips all around the world on the research ships many many years ago(OLD currency), and make wallpaper with them, stick them on and polyeurathane over them.
Another one of my whacky ideas that never got done,,,,,, Jane
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 3, 2004
Jodi,

Office Depot is running a special on currency quality paper suitable for printing your own money. Works in any printer. I think it’s the same place where the US. Mint buys their paper.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 3, 2004
Cool, I gotta get over d’ere ! Anyone want to go to jail with me ?
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 3, 2004
Just as soon as I got done doing a scan I saw a flashing red light coming through my window. The swift arm of the law! Actually, they just pulled over a motorist in front of my place.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 3, 2004
ha ha ha…Big Brother is watching you !
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 3, 2004
Jodi,

Be careful. It’s probably a hidden feature of Photoshop Elements. It dials 911 and gives your name and address. We did register our software, right?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 3, 2004
ya right…wouldn’t that be just the wax on the cake ! register ?? what’s that ? Something to keep all that money that we made in ? 🙂

Unfortunetly I rarely have higher than a 5 bill in my wallet…hmmm, how many do i have to print to buy another camera…one of those 10-13 mp ones ?
WK
W Krail
Jan 3, 2004
AM Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:59:18 -0800, schrieb:

Jasc PSP 8 gives a message if you try and open or print any currency. It was a feature requested by the government and is being implemented in new software.

Try the Australian Version?

Wolfram

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections