VL
Posted By
vivian_lipman
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to photoshop, i have version 6. I want to import clipart, what programs are compatible to photoshop. Can I import clipart from microsoft office? or is it easier online?thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 25, 2004
It all depends what file format the files are in. Jpeg, gif, bmp,tiff, eps and several others are all fine. Some proprietary formats won’t work.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 25, 2004
You can open Msoft OfficeX ClipArt (they are PICTs) from inside Photoshop CS.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 25, 2004
I thought the Picts were absorbed by other Scottish tribes long ago.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 25, 2004
I believe that the Scots migrated to Ireland — and the Picts took over Scotland?

I am sure that Bruce covers such an important issue in Real World Photoshop.

:~)
O
Oh2
Jul 25, 2004
Isn’t this a bit like asking Michaelangelo if he could sculpt a pipe cleaner stick figure out of marble?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 25, 2004
Sure he could — If he had known what a pipe-cleaner looked like (tobacco had not reached Europe during his lifetime) and the Pope had been prepared to pay for it!
VL
vivian_lipman
Jul 25, 2004
I can’t open it in photoshop 6? i went to import>pict resource but after that i was lost. i also tried to get some jpeg images from google to test that out but it wouldnt open in photoshop 6.what am i doing wrong?
R
Ram
Jul 26, 2004
Vivian,

Try the Open command (Command O, or File Menu > Open) instead.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 26, 2004
Michelangelo began rolling over in his grave long before he got there (groan, clip sculpture being sold in the villa testarosa.) Artists hate clip art. (Except, possibly, for the one’s who generate it and get paid for doing it.) Photoshop, being the great program that it is, will open just about any clip art file on earth. Most common problem among Windows users: You must be opening the actual clipart file itself and not attempting to open a file that you can see the placed preview image in Word or some other MS application but the actual clipart file is not actualy there because the linked file was not included. Be sure you have the actual clipart file.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections