PS
Posted By
Peter_Spain
Jul 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PhotoshopCS/Intuos-GD, latest driver for Panther/OS10.3.4/PMG4DP1GHz.

Mouse clicks give instantaneous responses with Healing Brush tool. The Intuos pen has an intolerable one second latency after clicking on tablet. That is, you have to hold the pen pressure for one second for it to register as a click.

This is very onerous when patching hundreds of hi-res images each with hundreds of defects.

Do I need a quicker Mac or is there something wrong with my setup?

The Wacom website doesn’t provide a means to ask about this problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LS
Leif_Stout
Jul 28, 2004
For what it’s worth, I’ve observed this behaviour occasionally, too. Though haven’t done any troubleshooting to try and sort it out…

(Dual 1.8, OS X 10.3.4, PhotoshopCS, Intuos 2 Platinum)
B
Buko
Jul 28, 2004
Never seen this behavior myself.

what type of maintenance do you do??
L
Larryr544
Jul 28, 2004
I’m on a dual 1GHz and have never seen this behavior either.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 28, 2004
Make sure that you have downloaded the latest Wacom driver. Use Applications/Wacom/Remove Tablet to trash your old settings. Install the new Driver.
Launch Wacom Tablet.
Reset the options in all panels of the Wacom Tablet setup dialog. Restart the Mac.
L
Larryr544
Jul 28, 2004
I did have to replace the tip and clean the pen. It was dirty and causing all kinds of unexpected behaviors and dragging everything everywhere. I’ll be replacing the pen.
M
merge
Jul 28, 2004
"The Wacom website doesn’t provide a means to ask about this problem."

Recently I had a problem with my pen and e-mailed Wacom from their web site. They responded promptly the next day with an answer. That didn’t work, called them and got answers for the problem at hand and a few I had wondered about (such as the "infinite select" problem I had in Ps6.) I found them very helpful, which is quite different from many vendors out there.

<http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/email.cfm>
or

Technical Support: (360)896-9833 dial 4 (Mon. – Fri.)
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jul 30, 2004
never had this issue either.. dual 2ghz G5 w/Intuous 2 and single 1ghz G4 with Intuous1 both using the latest driver.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections