HP
Posted By
Hal_Plimpton
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any recommendations for aftermarket books on using PSE 2.0? How would you rate on Novice to Expert user scale. Have the "PSE 2.0 for Dummies"…which is not bad, but suspect there are others that may be even better.

Suggestions welcomed.

Cheers….hveep

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 31, 2003
Mikkel Aaland’s Photoshop Elements Solutions 2 and Scott Kelby’s The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers are both good for a range of users from beginner on up. Lots of good stuff in both. An advanced book is Richard Lynch’s The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2. These three, plus Katrin Eisman’s book on Photoshop Restoration and Retouching are the only ones in my library, and I don’t feel at all disadvantaged. Whatever you want to do is covered somewhere in one of them – assuming somebody has figured out how to do it yet. I’m still looking for the one containing the magical spell that will deal with silvering on old photographs!
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 31, 2003
Hal, my favorite is Mikkel Aaland’s "Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions"; good at both the ‘how’ and the ‘why’. Another one that is stronger on the ‘how’ but not quite as strong on the ‘why’ is Gregory George’s "50 Fast Digital Techniques". There are other good ones, including the latest release by Scott Kelby.

Chuck
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 31, 2003
I second Grants "50 Fast Digital Techniques" recommendation. Still my favorite.

Joe
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 31, 2003
I’m really a big fan of Scott Kelby’s Photoshop Elements for digital photograhers

I also like all of the books mentioned above and have them all. $$$ 🙂
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 31, 2003
I also vote for the two books mentioned above.

As an alternate, Adobe publishes their ‘Classroom in a Book’ series. They have one for PSE, and you can buy it through any bookstore or Amazon.

These are pretty good beginner tutorials. I used one to learn Premiere. It helped alot.
HP
Hal_Plimpton
Dec 31, 2003
Thanks folks for all your suggestions. Will seek them out and test the "friendliness" factor.

Best New Years wishes….hveep

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections