CD
Posted By
charles_dilmore
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone know how to print panarama pictures using photoshop cs???? PLEASE HELP. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY
thankyou

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 22, 2004
Details would help. What problem(s) are you experiencing?

Once you have your panorama picture, it’s an image like every other image. As long as it fits onto your paper, just print it.

Now, if you are asking about stitching different images together to get a panorama image, that’s a different issue.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 23, 2004
charles,

If the question is about printing it to paper, what do the specs for your printer say on image size limitations? Is roll paper required? What is the size of your image? What have you tried to do so far? What happens? Error messages?

Unless the printer driver is not fully compatible with your OS, all possible print/paper sizes should be a chooseable item.

Neil
CD
charles_dilmore
Jul 23, 2004
duh. more specs. okay then.
picture is 9.5 x 39 inches. is there a plugin for ps. to print banners or something? want to keep original size. printers are a canon, or an epson or a lexmark, i have all three. all are photo printers, (so they say). Hah!, no support on their sites, for more info.
R
Ram
Jul 23, 2004
Charles,

Again, you haven’t answered any of our questions. More details are needed.

What problem(s) are you experiencing?

what do the specs for your printer say on image size limitations? Is roll paper required? What is the size of your image? What have you tried to do so far? What happens? Error messages?

Unless the printer driver is not fully compatible with your OS, all possible print/paper sizes should be a chooseable item.

Please address each one of the above question. Also give us the EXACT model of the printer.

Sorry, but the mind reading cap is not working today.
G
graffiti
Jul 23, 2004
I wonder if he’s talking about "tiling".
R
Ram
Jul 23, 2004
He hasn’t stated what his problem is.
G
graffiti
Jul 23, 2004
True. I just have fun guessing once in a while. Keeping my mindreading skills honed.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 24, 2004
I wheeled out my crystal ball, tarot cards, tea leaves, ouija board, an old Family Feud gameboard, and my third grade report cards. Carefully arranged each on the card table. Lit some incense. Dimmed the lights.

Still…no clue.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 24, 2004
charles,

We’d like to help you. But you gotta help us first. Please get back to us.

Neil
CD
charles_dilmore
Jul 28, 2004
okey doke again, i like the responses, funnier and funnier. anyhow, three printers, a canon i550, epson r200 and a lexmark x75. now, as you said, there should be no size limitations. but, for some strange reason, the printer options are not there for banner printing for any of the printers. does anybody know as to the what-for?
mac os 10.2.8 running on this machine. so, now what?
do i just eat more cheese and continue or what?
R
Ram
Jul 28, 2004
By all means go for the cheese. 🙂

Please read post #4 again. You haven’t answered any of the questions put to you by me or Neil. We can’t help you without that information.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 28, 2004
Do those printers require a roll-feeder attachment and software updates for banner printing?

Check with the manufacturers.

It could also be a limitation of your Mac OS — you may need to upgrade to 10.3.4.
CD
charles_dilmore
Jul 31, 2004
probably third party updates, because their sites respectively do not have any kind of banner software. might have to use trusty old printshop, because photoshop in any form does not have any kind of banner printing option.
cant find question four.
later
TG
Tina_Garfield
Aug 2, 2004
Charles,

I just had the same problem, only my image was 12.5 x 38 (I found 13×38 inch sheets at Red River Paper). Am printing on an Epson 1270, and I DID get a quick reply from Epson support via email. Am also running 10.2.8.

Here’s what I ended up doing: Once image is ready to print, go to Print with Preview and then setup (page setup). Browse through the different page size presets until you find one whose first dimension is 9.5 or close to it. For example, if I set up my custom size at 13, the image wouldn’t print correctly at all. But Super B3 (I think), is 12.94, and so I used that as the first dimension. Set up a custom size with that first preset dimension and make the length whatever you need, plus some to allow for margins, trimming etc. Make sure you’ve oriented your image correctly for the paper’s orientation, and print. It should work. At least with my 1270, the driver apparently only "recognizes" certain specific dimensions. Hope this helps.
JM
John Mayer
Sep 26, 2004
In article , graffiti
wrote:

I wonder if he’s talking about "tiling".

Well, I’D like to know about tiling. Can you inform me, please, how to print a large image on multiple pages for taping together afterward? Thanks.

Yours truly,

John Mayer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections