DC
Posted By
Don_Coiro
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open a mac eps file in PS CS, I get an empty box. The same happens when I try to paste from Freehand. It will paste paths and shape layer but not bit mapped. The eps parse filter is in the plug-ins folder. This was an intermitent problem but lately it’s been happening all of the time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 22, 2004
Did the guy who made that EPS include a tiff Preview?
R
Ram
Jul 22, 2004
If you have NAV (Norton Anti Virus) installed, disable it.

If that solves your problem, remove EVERYTHING with the Norton name on your computer and trash it.

It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD.
DC
Don_Coiro
Jul 23, 2004
Thanks

Disabling Norton Anti Virus Auto-protect solved the problem. However, I would prefer not to trash this app. Hopefully, disabling it whenever I need to parse an eps in PS will work.
R
Ram
Jul 23, 2004
Don,

Norton applications are very intrusive. They can and do cause a lot more harm than good. It’s up to you, of course, but my advice remains to remove EVERYTHING with the Norton name on your computer and trash it.

It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 23, 2004
NAV is going to continue to give you problems with numerous other applications.

You really don’t need it so be wise and just remove it from your HD.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections