MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Imagine my excitement when I discovered an unexpected Fed Ex package on my porch on Christmas Eve Day. It looked like a digital camera package before I even opened it. Now who on earth would send me a new digital camera? Lo and behold a digital camera with a repair order with my name on it. Some poor guy sent his camera in for repair (uneccessarily, A300’s don’t have a moveable zoom lens) and instead of receiving it just in time for that holiday family gathering it ends up on my porch. How sad.

I called Canon Repair this morning and the phone tech said she would talk to her supervisor and call me back. No word yet.

I think that if it were a Canon Rebel I might have waited a little longer to call them….mmmm, maybe a few months?

Sorry for that guy or gal waiting on their digital camera, wherever you are.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Mark, talk about screwed up ! Now they probably have no clue and will have to wait for the poor soul to call asking where his or her camera is…>>>>then they ‘ may’ remember you have it…if someone is doing there job right. Obviously someone wasn’t earlier in the shift. Let us know what happens….
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Actually, I meant to ask >>have you used it yet ?? 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 30, 2003
No, I haven’t used it. It was a slight temptation initially, but I’ve got two digicams already. Still no call from Canon. Will they be able to match up the owner with his camera?

I’m ready to send it back anytime, but not at my expense.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Well I guess all you can do is keep calling the repair shop. A free call i hope.

I feel sorry for the person sitting home waiting for it though. Seems all they need is the order number to track it to the right person….how difficult is that ??
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 30, 2003
Santa Canon, as far as I know this is a "contradictio in terminis" 😉

The name "Canon" seems to relate to "Kwa non" a god of war and Santa…..

Leen
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 31, 2003
Well, it could be Kannon, who is the goddess of mercy and children, too. The Japanese equivalent of Kwan Yin.
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 31, 2003
Unfortunatly my Japanese isn’t what it used to be. 😉

Leen
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 31, 2003
Yep, the Chinese version Guan Yin is supposed to be the goddess of mercy and compassion. However, I have it on good authority that there were no female disciples back in India in times of the Buddha. Since there had not been any record that can lead to ascertaining the sexual identity of the person in question one way or another, the question may arise as to whether he/she was a cross dresser. 😉

Shan
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 31, 2003
Shan, I don’t minde wether any of these disciples prefer to be male, female, transsexual or whatever, as long as they do their jobs properly.
That’s what I supose they are hired for. 😉

Leen
AT
Andrew_Turek
Jan 5, 2004
Why does every thread seem to turn slightly coarse even before I join in?

"Canon" is in fact a corruption of "qua on" as in "sine qua non". having a half-adequate system for tracking repair jobs is a sine qua non of running the business competently.

I would at least use the camera while it is with you – you can delete the pictures once they are downloaded. Seems like a pity not to take the chance!

Andrew
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
deleted pictures on a memory card can still be retreaved by someone who knows what he’s doing.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Maybe his subject wouldn’t be people in compromising positions anyway, Jodi. 🙂
AT
Andrew_Turek
Jan 5, 2004
You mean digital cameras can be used for anything else?

Andrew
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 5, 2004
Woops I can see a new theme for the Challenges

Grant
DH
Dave Hamer
Jan 5, 2004
Challenge 402

People in Compramising Positions

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections