BL
Posted By
Bert_Loehrer
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I used to use Photodeluxe and it was so easy to circle a part of the picture you wanted and move it to another photo. It doesnt seem to be possible with this program. Do I have the wrong program?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Bert, you’re in the right place and program. If you open both images in Elements, you can do a selection in one image (using any one of the selection tools available) then drag and drop the selected portion onto the second image as its own layer using the Move tool (4-pointed arrow). There are a few more details like relative size of the pictures to take into account, but that’s the basic move. Is that what you’re trying to do?

Chuck
BL
Bert_Loehrer
Dec 30, 2003
I use to be able to cut around a picture to isolate a item (like a head) and put it on an animals body. There was a section of the photodeluse specificaly for old photos.
Bert
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 30, 2003
Bert, you can do that with Elements using the Lasso tool to select the head, then copy and paste it onto another image containing the body. It takes practice, but it can be pretty convincing…and funny!
R
RobertHJones
Dec 30, 2003
Bert,

You do that much like you would in Photodeluxe (PD). First you make a selection and then you move it. The same selection tools are in both programs but the names of the tools are different. For example PD’s trace is PSE’s lasso, PD’s color wand is PSE’s magic wand, PD’s smartselect is PSE’s magnetic lasso, and so forth. Look at the section of the PSE manual dealing with making selections and play with the tools a while, you’ll feel comfortable soon.

PD leads you by the hand while PSE requires you to know what to do but keep with it, PSE is a much more powerful program and, once you get over the learning curve, you’ll be glad you went with it.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections