JF
Posted By
Jodi_Frye
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
if ya feel like playing with makin’ water. Found this a while back and finally got around to doing it. It was cool. I modified it slightly to suit my needs but I’m sure we all do that with these tutorials. It’s very quick.

<http://www.n-sane.net/tutorials/advancedwater/index.php>

He doesn’t mention this but the tutorial worked better for me if I started off with black foreground and white background colors on tool palette before beginning.( keyboard ‘D’ ).

Have fun !

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 29, 2003
Hi Jodi,
Thank you!
That is a really nice one and quick and easy too.
I love these tutorials, and now that I am better at PSE, I can do most of them. Jane
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 29, 2003
Thanks Jodi. I’ll be sure to look that up and give it a try. Here’s a great tutorial for making wood…I used this on my third challenge entry. It’s easy to make, in fact, the wood on the entry is my first attempt. The tutorial I used is located at <http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/wood/wood.htm>. Have fun.
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 29, 2003
Jodi,

Thanks for the nice tutorial site. Saves me looking for my old pictures with water to crop from.

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 29, 2003
Terri, wood looks cool. I made a pile a while back for patterns using the difference clouds, blur and wave distort. Will have to check Janee’s method next time I’m feeling lucky 😉

all>don’t be afraid to post your water if you are feeling proud 🙂 Sharing IS good.
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 30, 2003
Here are my 2, if only I could make this into a fabric and make a dress or curtains or whatever,,,,,,
What a great tutorial!
<http://www.pbase.com/image/24592097>
The next one is not as good, but we will make more.
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Jane, those are really fun. Doesn’t it make ya wish it were summer time again ?? Your second reminds me of the Bahamas…" oh towel boy…where are you ? "..no wait…." margarita garcon… where’s my drink ? …keep ’em coming !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
oh no, I think i see where the thread drifts begin….:)
R
Ray
Dec 30, 2003
Jodi.. it’s the Holiday Seasons.. People (and threads) are entitled to drifting during this time..!

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
ok good, still wish i had that margarita right now…and…more water, yup, more water. 🙂
PD
Pete_D
Dec 30, 2003
Jodi,

78 degrees today here. About the same for the next ten days at least.

Pete
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Ok Pete, move over…i’m coming down…have my margaritas chilled please 🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 30, 2003
Hi Jodi, We used to go to the Bahamas and dive, but we havent been south for a few years. Too much going on around here. But after making those water images, yeah, you’re right, we gotta get south again!
Got to see a palm tree! Have a Rum and Coke under the palms,,,,,,,clean up the diving gear,,,,,lets go!
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Jane, you’ll have to teach me…never been diving with actual ‘gear’ before…but yes…i’m ready !
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 30, 2003
Hi Jodi, Actually we don’t scuba any more, to doggone old to lug all that gear, so we just snorkel now.
Much easier, but photography is now very much more difficult. Oh, do I want to head south now that we are talking about all this neat stuff. Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Ok, I did some water and used a couple of filters in the last 2 that I rarely use but found them helpful for this;

liquify ocean ripple spatter zig zag distort, wave shear

I’m hoping this link works…will see

edit, i removed the link …it was the wrong one…you needed a password to get in with that one….grrrrr, back to the drawing board !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
now let’s see if you can get in this way;

<http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1255670>

sorry if I’m wasting space here…
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 30, 2003
Jodi,

I get to the member login
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
oops….this is so screwy…sorry

i’ll see what else I can do…I may UNJOIN form this so called image sharing site !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
let’s try this one…does it work ??

< http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=J%5FFrye&p=Mutt&AID =1255670>
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 30, 2003
Yes!
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Dec 30, 2003
Jodi,
That works. I have another tutorial for water in my file, don’t have the source, however:
1. Create new layer
2. Using linear gradient black to white, fill layer with black on bottom & white on top
3.Color gradient with favorite water color with hue-saturation set
Check on "colorize"
4. Filter>distort>wave. Select "sine" as type. Leave other settings as default. Can get to default with "reset" command.
5.Draw 5 to 7 lines horizontally, using light blue and white. Don’t overlap, vary length, width, position. May need to experiment. These lines go in to the swirl
6.Filter>distort>twirl. Set angle between -300 to +300 or so
7.Filter>distort>zigzag. Set amount to about 60% and choose ridges between 5-10. Set style "pond ripples" or "out from center"
8. Use transform functions to move, squish, alter perspective.

Ken
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 30, 2003
Kenneth – that sounds like th one from Al Ward’s Elements special effects book. Makes very nice pond ripples. There are all sorts of cool effects in that book if you can get past the poor proofreading/technical editing in some sections.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Well i’m glad the link finally worked.

Ken, I really didn’t follow the tutorial i posted past the ‘chrome’ filter after the first one cause i felt i could do better >>>I used pretty much the same layout you described…funny how some minds work alike… 🙂
R
Ray
Dec 30, 2003
WOW !!! Jodi, they look awesome!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Thanks Ray, they actually are quite addicting because ya never know what you are going to get after the ‘chrome’ filter step which is right up front after the clouds. If i don’t like what i see from there then I start over. It’s all in how the chrome filter reacts to the clouds and motion blur. I’ve even cloned some areas after the blur before applying the chrome. As I said earlier…I haven’t been following the tutorial after that….just fun playing on my own….maybe it’s my gambling nature 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 30, 2003
Hi Jodi, Those are beautiful! The third one looks just like our beach after a gentle rain, the drops with their circles, and the lighter color with the sandy bottom which reflects the light.
Oh, I can’t wait to do more of these tomorrow.
Today was busy and away from the computer,,,,,
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Tomorrow Jane ? the day is not over yet 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 31, 2003
I guess the day is winding down here, son-in-law with foot surgery and dogs to walk, grandson and kids here, but I do promise to be here early tomorrow.
The sunrise here this morning in NE USA was so spectacular that all the local news stations were telling us to go outside.
I was already out and walking our dog, and did not have my camera,,,,,,oh well that is camera life, when you need it you don’t have it. And then to top it off, the 2 twin young female yearling deer were hanging out in our woods, the dog didn’t spook them, and me, yeah, without the camera again.
Actually I don’t like deer too close by as they are the vector for Lyme disease which is very prevalent in our area.

Will be here to take part in these wonderful tutorials bright and early! Shall be signing off a bit early tonight.
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections