LA
Posted By
Lynell_Ackerman
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have a new 17 in. LCD monitor, and I have been searching the archives for recommendations on resolution setting. The monitor will go up to but 1280 x 1024, but something I read said something about that not being the correct aspect ratio. The palette well shows the best at the higher setting. I have also read things about native resolution for a monitor, but how do I know what that is? There is also a reference to what a graphics card will support? I would appreciate any insight into this matter. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Ralph_Brannon
Dec 29, 2003
On LCD monitors you will find that they have a NATIVE resolution. You should always use that resolution. They can go up and down, but will usually not look good at anything other than the native resolution. This is a good tip when you buy an LCD, if you are old, like me, the higher resolutions are too small for me to see the text well, man it sucks getting old.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
AT
A.Translator
Dec 29, 2003
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 07:42:51 -0800, wrote:

This is a good tip when you buy an LCD, if you are old, like me, the higher resolutions are too small for me to see the text well

Same here, but things improved when I changed the screen settings to show 125% of normal height (in my case 120 dpi). I was afraid my nice new screen would be too hard on my eyes, but they are OK now. —
Groet, Adriana. [when replying by e-mail, remember: grootpoot is Dutch for bigfoot]

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections