Shaun_Ferguson
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OS 9.2.2
Photoshop 7.0.1
I have some Photoshop files on an external firewire drive. If I open PS7 first I can open the files; if, on the other hand, when PS7 is not open I double-click on a file I get the brief message "Check Plug-in" at the top of the screen and PS7 does not launch.
Anyone have any ideas why?

(When this first happened I then had to delete the File Exchange prefs file as documents were opening as "Untitled"; this put opening back to normal – until the next time I tried double-clicking on a file on the external disc.)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 21, 2004
Shaun,

Rebuild your desktop ASAP. (Hold down the Command and Option keys throught the entire startup process.)
SF
Shaun_Ferguson
Jul 21, 2004
Ramón – excellent! Thank you very much – all documents now have the right description.
R
Ram
Jul 21, 2004
Glad it worked, Shaun. Thanks for reporting back.

Rebuild your Desktop about once moth.
SF
Shaun_Ferguson
Jul 22, 2004
The Check Plug-in message had something to do with Omnipage X. I had a backed up copy of Omnipage on the external disc. Removing this got rid of the CheckPlug application that was in the Omnipage Extras.
Everything fine now. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections