JA
Posted By
JoAnn_Amerson
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What would the proper wording be to tell someone with a Mac how to do their equivalent of a "right click"? I maintain a website and it would be nice to give the PC and Mac versions to tell my readers how to save the .pdf newsletter instead of opening it each time. Some of my viewers are very much novices – as we all were at one time. 🙂

I hope you all had/are having a joyous Non-denominational Winter holiday and Happy New Year,
JoAnn

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SC
Stephen_C._Smith
Dec 29, 2003
JoAnn,

The answer is to hold down the control key while you click on the one-button mac mouse.

OS X supports 2-button mice, so I went ahead and bought one. Now I get seriously annoyed when I have to use a Mac with the one-button mouse.

A few commands, like emptying the trash, can be invoked by holding down the mouse button, allowing a contextual menu item to pop up.

Steve
MM
Mac_McDougald
Dec 29, 2003
Generally, off web, just hold down Tosh mouse button for a couple seconds, and you’ll get a Save option.

Mac
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 29, 2003
Yup, I use a one button mouse because it’s easier on my hand. Holding down the single button for a couple of seconds gives me the contextual menu usually accessible with a right click. I’ve tried the Control key method, but that requires extra energy to move my left hand. 🙂
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Dec 29, 2003
Argh! This is confusing. Can you tell me what the two-handed method is just in case they don’t have a single button mouse?

wrote in message
Yup, I use a one button mouse because it’s easier on my hand. Holding down
the single button for a couple of seconds gives me the contextual menu usually accessible with a right click. I’ve tried the Control key method, but that requires extra energy to move my left hand. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections