MA
Posted By
Maria_Ayala
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a "generic" eps file, (it doesn’t have a PhotoShop icon) which is supposedly a duotone file. When this file is placed into Quark, it will only show two colors in the print output dialog box, which is correct, but when I try to open it up in PhotoShop7, I can only open it as a generic eps, I’ve tried PS eps, PS DCS1.0 and 2.0, RAW and some other ones. It won’t open.
When I let it open as a generic eps, the options I get are to open it as a grayscale, RGB, CMYK or index, all of which take away the duotone function. I’m not sure if it was even created in PS, I tried opening it with Illustrator CS, but that just leaves it as a placed image.
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Maria

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 19, 2004
My guess would be that it_IS_ a duotone with vector objects specified as an object.

You can’t edit it and retain the vectors from an EPS. You need the PSD file.

Get info on the file to see what created it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections