D
Posted By
dk
Aug 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anyone recommend a package that can successfully apply text to an image object such as a bottle that maintains a correct perspective? i have used the warp text tool in photoshop but i am not too happy with it.

thanks

dk

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
David
Aug 21, 2003
I think the only way you could do this precisely is to use a 3D program (or
2.5D, like ZBrush). You’d wrap the image around a model of a bottle of the
same proportions as the one in your image, render it out and then composite in Photoshop.

That is, if you absolutely require the original… otherwise you could just recreate in 3D.

David

"dk" wrote in message
can anyone recommend a package that can successfully apply text to an
object such as a bottle that maintains a correct perspective? i have used the warp text tool in photoshop but i am not too happy with it.
thanks

dk

S
Steve
Nov 11, 2003
Hi…

I have taken a picture of a small child’s toy – a car. I have some other images I wish to incorporate into the image but at the correct scale. The source of the additional graphics are EPS files, and once I’ve cropped them and resize them I know exactly what size they are. When I try to paste these images into the picture of the car they are way out of proportion, even though I’ve increased the size of the original car image. I even took a picture of the car with a ruler in the photo for reference.
Any thought on how to do this? It seems like it should have been straight forward, but what I don’t know really is how big the car image is.
W
Whokid
Nov 11, 2003
In article
wrote:

Hi…

I have taken a picture of a small child’s toy – a car. I have some other images I wish to incorporate into the image but at the correct scale. The source of the additional graphics are EPS files, and once I’ve cropped them and resize them I know exactly what size they are. When I try to paste these images into the picture of the car they are way out of proportion, even though I’ve increased the size of the original car image. I even took a picture of the car with a ruler in the photo for reference.
Any thought on how to do this? It seems like it should have been straight forward, but what I don’t know really is how big the car image is.

Steve,

I would say, forget about the ‘actual sizes’ – if it looks right, it is right! You can find out the document size by menu Image > Image Size, or alternatively you can click on the bottom grey section of the window, next to where the magnification is shown. That will give you a basic preview of how big the image is on your current Print Page Setup. If it’s a bit bigger don’t worry about it, you can tell the printer to just scale it down using menu File > Print Options…

So, taking it from the moment you paste in the additional graphics, they should automatically be on a new layer. Simply use the menu Edit > Free Transform which will allow you to scale down the imported graphic to whatever size you require.

Don’t forget also that PS comes with a comprehensive Help package, which is well suited for basic problems such as this…

HTH :o)

Jim

——————————————————-

pester me, why not? whokid at flywheelnetwork . co . uk
D
Davin
Nov 11, 2003
Hello,
Image\Image Size
will tell you the size of your car image and the dpi
One method would be to not bother adjusting the images that you wish to crop until after you have pasted them into the ‘car’ image – (same dpi would help though).
You can edit the new layer after you have pasted it over the ‘car’ image: Select the new layer that you pasted:
Edit\Transform\Scale (hold down the shift button – and only use the corner sliders – this will keep you layer in exact proportion – as you increase or decrease size)
If you cannot see the corner markers/sliders:
View\Fit on Screen.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Davin
www.davin-photography.com

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi…

Any thought on how to do this? It seems like it should have been straight forward, but what I don’t know really is how big the car image
is.
B
belowme
Nov 11, 2003
yep not only does the size have to be the same but the resolution dots per inch have to match otherwise it will be way over or under size when pasting. "Steve" wrote in message
Hi…

Any thought on how to do this? It seems like it should have been straight forward, but what I don’t know really is how big the car image
is.
H
Hecate
Nov 12, 2003
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:03:48 GMT, Steve wrote:

Hi…

Edit/Free Transform. You can change the size and the perspective. Look up the Transform tools in the help to see how to do it. 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections