MB
Posted By
Melissa_Burrell
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently working on an image that I want to look like a paintbrush is painting it. I need to bend the paintbrush, not quite a half circle. I know the basics of Photoshop, but not the more in-depth stuff. I have tried several things, but nothing seems to work. I do not want to distort the paintbrush, as it has our company logo on it, just bend it a little. I use Photoshop 7.0. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 19, 2004
Try Filter>Distort>Shear. You will probably need to rotate the image 90° first.

Another possibility is Polar Co-ordinates. Tutorial here: <http://user.fundy.net/morris/>
It’s for text but will work with objects.

And there’s always Liquify.
MB
Melissa_Burrell
Jul 19, 2004
Shear worked for what I am needing. Thanks!
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 19, 2004
There’ll be a nice bonus in your pay envelope this period Ed.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 19, 2004
I wish.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
For better control, you can also use Illustrator CS’s distortion tools on a PSD file.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 20, 2004
interesting, but lacks fine motor controls.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
That depends on the person driving the Motor?

Direct Select on a point, or a series of points, on the mesh and nudge.
P
progress
Jul 20, 2004
lacks speed and fluency for sure…but its the best we have, for some unknown reason for now within the adobe suite.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
It is pretty fast here — but see my comments in the bottle-label thread.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections