Posted By
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all!

I’ve had time (and inspiration !) today and created these two images : http://www.pbase.com/image/24485048
and
http://www.pbase.com/image/24494426
(this one has a gradient trick background)

Have a look!

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 27, 2003
Awsome Ray! I really like the planet one. How’d you do that? 😉

Joe
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 27, 2003
Very cool Ray. Now….how’d you do it?
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 27, 2003
Inspiration! These are awesome, keep them coming.
Jane
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Thanks Joe!

Planet… very easy. I painted a layer with a pattern, then made a circular selection, used the Spherize filter, then copy the selection to my image. Next, I selected a part just smaller than half, using the burn tool, I selectively burn the shadows, highlight and midtones, reducing the pressure the closer I got to the middle of my planets.

Voilà 🙂

Ray
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Thanks Mark!

I’ve already described the planets in my previous post. The sea in the first image : 200 small brush strokes (the original is 8 x 10 @ 300ppi, to be printed later today), then Motion Blur / Distort Ripple / a touch of Gaussian blur. The gaz nebula is actually the Render / Clouds filter. The stars are my own brush. The stars (the smaller dots) are noise, then Threshold to remove some of it. They were resized because at 72 dpi, the weren’t visible.

For the second one, the sphere is a turquoise circle on a luminosity blending mode layer. I painted
highlights and shadows to create the illusion of a glass sphere (or something like). Noise / Radial
blur to get the illusion of speed. Then I design a brush to add the white rays in the sphere and, again, Radial Blur. I masked certains rays’s end (in the shere) to create the illusion that some are on the visible surface and others are on the hidden side. Finally, the road is actually a series of squares I painted using the Pattern option in the Paint Bucket. I added a drop shadow, the remove the squares themselves, rotated and distroted the layer.

That’s it!

Ray
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Thanks Jane!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 27, 2003
Those are very cool Ray…hope you had a nice Christmas.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 27, 2003
Wow Ray … they are so incredible.

Thanks for sharing how you did them …

Wendy
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Wendy & Jodi, thanks 🙂

I had an "easy" Christmas. Only my friend Chris and my sister were here. We exchanged "baby toys"
(along with regular) gifts. This part was fun 🙂 We gave my sister a Mr Potato (the plastic potato
you can remove all parts from the head..?) and PlayDoh Hair Salon… LOL ! Rick got a small electronic keyboard (with a sound that makes me wanna remove the batteries!) along with a Spyrograph
(the new ones are way different than the ones we used to get as kids). And, as I begun (or I shall say returned to) cooking a few months ago, my sister offered me an Easy-Bake child microwave… LOL!
….I’m actually affraid to taste the resulting cakes, though, because… how can a cake made with nothing else than water, cooked in 10 minutes with a 100 watts light bulb be actually safe for one’s
health ? 😉

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 27, 2003
Ray,

We do that in our family too … I thought we were the only ones around. We call ours Christmas tree presents and sometimes they are far more fun than the regular presents.

This year I got a blow bubbles set ….. I have just had a thought maybe I could try it out on a few photos !!

Good luck with the cakes
Wendy
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Wendy,

If you (or your kids) blow bubles at an angle to let the sun get through, and if you have a (digital) cam, you could make wonderful pattern and background against a blue sky!

Ray
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 27, 2003
Bubbles are fun for grownups and kids…
<http://www.users.on.net/sestewart/bubbles/index.html>

(My eldest took the ones of me with my old kodak digicam)

Susan S.
R
Ray
Dec 27, 2003
Susan, those are BIG bubbles !!! I like ’em a lot! 🙂

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections