T
Posted By
tggagne
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve a Linux server that Windows 98 has no trouble browsing through the Network Neighborhood, but Elements doesn’t see the server. Does anyone else have problems like that?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 26, 2003
Possibly because Elements is not designed to run on a server? This is a pretty technical question for this forum, since the majority of us are home users. There have been a couple of other server-related questions come up, and I don’t remember any of them getting answered. It’s possible an Adobe person might check postings sometime next week, but it’s not likely any of them are at work today.
T
tggagne
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks. I’m not running Elements off the network, it’s loaded on my Windows box. The directory with all my pictures in it IS on the server, though, cause that’s where all the disk space is.

I wonder if an Adobe person does read these forums. I did submit a bug report. I hope they get back to me. Otherwise I’ll have to purchase more disk space for my workstation. Bummer. It would effectively at least double the price of Elements.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 26, 2003
wrote…
I’ve a Linux server that Windows 98 has no trouble browsing through the
Network Neighborhood, but Elements doesn’t see the server. Does anyone else have problems like that?

I tried this with Win98SE, and the file browser would not see another PC.

Windows Explorer does see the shared folder on other PC.

I mapped the shared folder, and now PSE2 will browse it.

Ed
LP
Luis_Puncel
Dec 26, 2003
That’s funny, because I am running PSE on a networked system (Windows XP). "My Network Places" appears at the bottom of PSE’s File Browser window, and I can browse and save to any of the other computers on the network. My first thought is that the server’s permission settings don’t allow file sharing, however I assume that you have already checked that out.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 26, 2003
wrote …
That’s funny, because I am running PSE on a networked system (Windows XP).
"My Network Places" appears at the bottom of PSE’s File Browser window, and I can browse and save to any of the other computers on the network. My first thought is that the server’s permission settings don’t allow file sharing, however I assume that you have already checked that out.

You have XP. He has Win98.

Ed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections