HM
Posted By
Hannah_Mann
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 for Xmas, I put in the CD and it asks me which language I’d prefer, I click English and it moves me to the Installation/Explore screen and I click install the reader and that’s fine, I click install the photoshop and nothing happens. According to the read.me this is not supposed to happen, could anyone advise me as to what’s going on?

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 26, 2003
Hannah, good morning. Are you running Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security? If so, you should temporarily disable them before trying to install. That’s one potential problem; others may chime in with some further advice.

Chuck
HM
Hannah_Mann
Dec 26, 2003
No, I have neither of them. Thanks for the advice though.
DM
Dave_McElderry
Dec 26, 2003
Hannah, if you have ANY anti-virus software installed, do a temporary disable such as Chuck suggested. It doesn’t have to be Norton to cause you problems. Set your monitor to the highest resolution that you can comfortably work with, but no less than 800×600. Once you have it up and working you’ll be better off with something higher than that. If you have any other programs running be sure to close as many as possible before the installation.

Here are some other tips from the Adobe readme file (which of course you can’t read until you get the software installed <G>)

Good luck.

Installation Notes
———————————————————— —

General: When installing Photoshop Elements to a hard drive other than your system or boot drive (usually C:), you will still need to have at least 16MB free on your system drive to proceed with installation, regardless of how much space is on your installation drive.

Default Install Location: On-line Help, Glossary links, and Tutorials will not be available if the program is installed into a folder containing multibyte letters; if installing on a multibyte operating system (e.g., Japanese, Chinese), install to the default folder name.

Shared Files: Many files installed by Photoshop Elements – such as TWAIN support files and MSVCRT*.* files (Microsoft runtime files) are shared with other programs. When you install or uninstall other programs that use these shared files, the file versions used by Photoshop Elements may be overwritten or deleted. If you experience problems with features that depend on shared files, reinstall Photoshop Elements.

Installing after the Tryout: If you had a Tryout version of Photoshop Elements 2.0 installed prior to installing the standard version, you should uninstall the Tryout before installing the standard version. Use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall the Tryout.

Windows 2000/XP: Windows 2000 and Windows XP does not allow certain sections of the registry to be written to by users without administrative privileges. It is recommended that only those with administrator accounts install Photoshop Elements on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Windows 98/98 SE: Adobe Photoshop Elements Help and the Online component can fail to launch if applicable updates have not been run for Internet Explorer; download and run updates to Internet Explorer (available on the Microsoft web site) if you encounter such failures. See the Troubleshooting Notes section for update details.
HM
Hannah_Mann
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks for that. I have no anti virus software at all. My screen resolution is the highest it possibly can be. I’m on an administrator account on Windows XP, I don’t see why it won’t install.
R
Ray
Dec 26, 2003
Is your default browser IE ? If not, make it so (Control Pannel / Internet Settings, if I remember correctly)

Ray
HM
Hannah_Mann
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks, yes it is.
R
Ray
Dec 26, 2003
Try to disable services. Like those found near the clock. Turn them off and try to reinstall.
MR
marc_regaert
Dec 28, 2003
dear Hannah, have you find a solution for your problem?
I have the same problem and I don’t know what to do.
Can you help me please.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 28, 2003
Hannah, are you sure you checked yes on agree with the legal statement. Once upon a time, I accidentally clicked disagree on a piece of software’s legal statement…and the same thing happened because you have to agree in order to have the software install.

Terri
HM
Hannah_Mann
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah I’m sure, I must have dont it 682463854923 times now! No solution as yet. I’m at a loss!
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 28, 2003
I was just checking since sometimes it’s the obvious stuff that gets you. Is the disc even spinning up? If not, try selecting run instead of open.
MR
marc_regaert
Dec 29, 2003
Hannah,

I think i’ve got the solution for you.
Download first Acrobat reader 6.0 from the internet.

Try then to install elements 2.

It works by me.
Greetings from Belgium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections