Posted By
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wow!

Better for viewing Tabloid-size spreads and a whole lot more.

<http://www.apple.com/>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 15, 2004
crap
R
Ram
Jul 15, 2004
Is this any different from the one being discussed here a couple of weeks ago?
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 15, 2004
There’s already a 30" monitor thread?

I didn’t see it.

Now, if I had a 30" monitor…
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 15, 2004
For me, more real estate means less scrolling, more context-sensitivity in pulling paths over sweeping areas that require cognivity of overall product design. Plus, the ability to let ‘stand-behind-you’ types review projects without them feeling the need to actually reach out and touch the screen (my pet rant,) plus the joy of having a bigger canvas to work on.

Neat, I say.
R
Ram
Jul 15, 2004
Ken,

I don’t think it was a monitor thread per se, but the 30" monitor did receive a lot of coverage here at the time it was announced by Apple. I was just wondering if this was a new monitor or a price drop, or something like that.
P
Phosphor
Jul 15, 2004
Ken…

Get yourself a new pair of wooden chopsticks.

Keep them on your desk, and hand one to anyone who has a penchant for pointing things out onscreen with greasy fingers.

It’s a pet peeve of mine as well, and this seems to work as well as anything.
P
progress
Jul 15, 2004
cattle prod…i find after that a the client stays nice n quiet and the job gets done faster.

the dribble is a bit messy though.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 16, 2004
30"? Nah! I’m gonna wait for the upcoming Imax Cinema Pro screen with multichannel sound, complete with the comfy adjustable chair and cupholder option. It doubles as a drive-in.

But, seriously, yes, I would go for the 30" screen if I had the room and the bucks.

Neil
M
merge
Jul 16, 2004
"Imax Cinema Pro (and cup holder too)"?!?!
Now I have something to work and live for…
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Jul 16, 2004
Most people who drool over the 30" haven’t gone into an apple store to see one. It’s size makes in an extremely impractical addition to most workspaces. 23" is plenty for me.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 16, 2004
Taste some flavors on my toe.

Jesus never sleeps when you’re a sinner.
C
CygnusX1
Jul 16, 2004
Get yourself a new pair of wooden chopsticks.

Keep them on your desk, and hand one to anyone who has a penchant for pointing things out onscreen with greasy fingers.

LOL, that’s exactly what I did with my old CRT, and know I have white cotton gloves(used by photographers) if some one has to point/touch on the 20" LCD.

The 30" is very much aimed at film editors and I guess designers who just want to boast 😉 If you haven’t physically seen a 23" ACD you should , it’s good enough, and you are better off getting one 20" & one 23" for the price of a 30" plus $599 for the video card.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 16, 2004
The 30" gives you the same area as the 23" cinema display with the image extending to include the frame around the LCD (27" diagonal.) So, it’s just right for anyone who likes their 23". I’m not going to accuse the designer who has one as wanting to boast but want to hand it to him/her for having a greater visual canvas for illustration and layout.

I’m sure they will be under $6,000.00 to start and go down from there within the first year they are available.

And remember, the card will handle two of them.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 16, 2004
if your G5 doesn’t catch on fire first.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 16, 2004
Remember the Big Bertha or Big Something Or Other train? It had two sets of drivers with eight wheels each on a coal-fired steam engine that used to pull long trains of cars over the Rocky Mountains? I’d want a nice color photo of that baby as a screen saver on the 30" monitor. Killer. Then the G5 ketches on fire and the smoke wafts across the screen… very realistic.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 16, 2004
I think I can picture that in my minds eye.

I’d just see it as a fire place replacement in the living room…
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 16, 2004
Keep some fire extinguishers handy, not to put the fire out, just to keep it down to the right level.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 16, 2004
Got Halon?

If not, run.!
P
progress
Jul 16, 2004
would love ours to catch on fire…that would mean that they were in the studio and weren’t RTM’d because of logic board faults, ram faults, hard drive faults…2 months an counting apple, way to go..any chance of a working g5 apple?
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jul 18, 2004
Actually If you want a picture of Big Boy he’s at the Forney Museum in Denver–Bring your wide angle lens!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections