TT
Posted By
Tony_Tollitt
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just started to use Photoshop 7.0.1 running under Mac OS-10.3.4 after years of running it under OS-9.2. Using the Adobe Gamma in OS-9 corrected the problem of vivid incorrect colors but I can find no reference in the discussions of how to correct this problem under OS 10x. I’ve created new monitor profiles which make no difference. The posting named "Colors in Photoshop all wrong…..etc.) doesn’t appear to give a solution (that works with me) that corrects the colors.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution please?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 15, 2004
Your monitor profile is corrupt. please read the FAQs to learn how to make a new one.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution please?

start with a fresh profile.
TT
Tony_Tollitt
Jul 15, 2004
I wish it was that easy! I’ve done that several times over AFTER reading the FAQ’s!!

The previews appear corect but the image within P’shop is not.

Same file, same monitor is OK in OS-9x
B
Buko
Jul 15, 2004
Your monitor profile is corrupt.

I’m not going to argue with you.

start with a fresh profile. (this is the secret) if you start with a corrupt profile you will still have a corrupt profile.

If you do it correctly everything will be fine.
R
Ram
Jul 15, 2004
Tony,

Buko is right; your post # 2 confirms it. Your monitor profile is OK in 9.x, the one in OS X is bad.

Previews are not color managed, Photoshop is.

You need to trash your current bad profile, set your monitor to a fresh canned profile, restart, make sure you are still set to the can profile and only then begin the calibration process. Take all the usual precautions, like let the monitor run at least for 30 minutes so it stabilizes before calibrating it, keep all glare and reflections from your monitor, keep ambient light low.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 15, 2004
There are some situations whereas a fresh install is required of the OS even after you have exhausted all possible solutions as stated above.

I’ve ran into some very bad magic with OSX.

but start with the simple things first before you go running off reinstalling the OS.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 15, 2004
The real issue here is trying to create a custom monitor profile for both OS’s is a real hosed proposition. WHY? Because the OS’s interact differently with the same hardware. That means changing the physical R_G_B monitor settings. So, realistically, every time you boot into a different OS, you have to recalibrate.

Ouch!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections