MC
Posted By
Michael_Commini
Oct 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, I saw this somewhere but can’t find it. How do I write an action that will place a copyright statement, logo, watermark, whatever in the bottom right hand corner of my pictures whether portrait or landscape? I’ve seen it done I just can’t find out how to do it.

Thanks,

Michael

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 7, 2005
In CS2, I’ve seen some scripts that do that, but it’s often not necessary. Here’s what you do.

Record an action. Just type your text and copyright symbol anywhere in the image. It’ll be a new layer, and choose your fonts and size, then accept it.

Next, use the power of "Align to Selection". You Select|All, then Layer|Align to selection: Bottom, and repeat that for "right" instead of bottom. Optionally use your arrow keys to nudge it away from the edges, and optionally flatten; deselect, then stop recording.

It works fine. The ONLY problem is that you will have to be careful of font/type size versus resolution of the images. If you have a 125 pt font, and you bring in a 72ppi image, it won’t work right.

Other than that though, I use it all the time and it works great.

Peace,
Tony
MC
Michael_Commini
Oct 7, 2005
Thank you for the input. I’ve tried it but still can’t get it quite to work right. It keeps setting the text to a few pixels from the bottom and centered. Even though I select ‘align right’.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 7, 2005
Odd. You’re doing it in two steps right? Align Bottom, then Align Right?

You have Select|All set right?
MC
Michael_Commini
Oct 7, 2005
Ok, scratch that… it helps if I read replies correctly… I aligned bottom and right then realized you said to use Layer/Align… duh!

Thank you. It works great!
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 7, 2005
Far out. Glad you got it sorted.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections