Posted By
Perry_Stanfield
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

New PSE user here, having a real tough time wading through online tutorials…………..what are the better tutorial books that might
walk me through some common workflows in a little more detail?

For example I’m trying to figure out how people put their copyright in a corner of their photographs. Why wouldn’t Adobe help with something as simple as the © symbol? Do people create master text images then insert them as layers when wanting to copyright something? do they start from scratch each time? I finally got one done but I don’t think it will work for other images due to sizing differences.

Thanks

Perry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Dec 23, 2003
Perry,
There are numerous books available; just browse the list on Amazon. However, I strongly recommend the following to you: Photoshop Elements Solutions by Mikkel Aaland. There is a version applicable to PE v.1 and for PE v.2. The book is well illustrated, the directions are precise, and the index is good. I started out with the help of this text, and then bought some others over time.
Ken
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 23, 2003
As for the copyright symbol, a search of this forum will turn up numerous threads, like this <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.2ccedcc6/0> one, dealing with how to do that.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 23, 2003
I personally like "The Photoshop Elements for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby. It has some good tips, and isn’t as dry…dare I say as boring…as a lot photoshop books tend to be. My dark little secret is I also like the "Teach Yourself Visually PSE2" book by Mike Woolbridge. I like it because it is nice to go through a book that doesn’t assume you know what you are doing…or where to find a specific command.

Terri
DP
Donald_Pike
Dec 24, 2003
Hi,

Having recently been this route myself as a novice I have checked out 3 highly recommended titles. Unfortunately, they were recommended, apparently, by people who already had a fair grasp of the program. On my own I discovered "Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 2." While the first third of the book, or so is really very elementary stuff, if you stay with it you will suddenly find yourself doing wonderful things and believe me, everything you learn will only help you get into the other "basic" books, recommended by everyone, more easily. Just my opinion, everyone has a favorite but this book is the first to really show me how…

Donald

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections