G
Posted By
Galaxy
Oct 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are you using fonts on a separate layer?

If you intend to use text, I’d really recommend 720 dpi as a minimum, but seriously, I would be looking at 1440 dpi. I thought 720 dpi was fine, until I printed the resulting artwork out on a Professional Oak-Star Printer, the letters were very blocky….. UGGG!

At our record company, we generally just do all the artwork in Photoshop, save the original, then save a second copy of the file, flatten the second copy, then bring the flattened copy into InDesign for doing text work, you should have much better results doing it this way. Photoshop is not a text friendly program! Indesign is.

Enjoy

Mark
Sydney
Australia

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 7, 2005
First point: always view at 100%.

If things are still pixelated, check your anti-alias settings for text.

Note that text will print as text only to a postscript printer, otherwise it will print at the resolution of the graphic.

If you don’t have a postscript printer, save as PDF with fonts embedded and open it in Acrobat and print from there.

Bob
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 7, 2005
Photoshop’s text engine is excellent, especially in light of its main use as an image editor. While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of InDesign’s, for a paragraph or two of text, there’s no reason not to use it.

Since you have InDesign you can save from Photoshop as PDP (Photoshop PDF) and place that in InDesign. All vectors and text will be retained.

Why you would flatten artwork before placing in InDesign is a mystery to me. That is something you’d only need to do with Quark.

Bob
KW
Krista_White
Oct 11, 2005
Wow, you all are quick! Thanks for all the suggestions! In doing a combination of all of the above, it looks like I’ve got it fixed. Thanks so much!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections