Posted By
Dave
Oct 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys,

I am a relatively newbie to Photoshop (7) so any advice will be most appreciated, anyhow, an old neighbour wants me to clean up an old black and white photograph and I have told her that I am not quite sure what I am doing but she insists that she wants me to do. So, do I need to learn any special techniques, and what advice or pointers could you guys please pass on.

Many thanks guys.

Dave.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 10, 2005
"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am a relatively newbie to Photoshop (7) so any advice will be most appreciated, anyhow, an old neighbour wants me to clean up an old black and white photograph and I have told her that I am not quite sure what I am doing but she insists that she wants me to do. So, do I need to learn any special techniques, and what advice or pointers could you guys please pass on.

Many thanks guys.

Dave.
Hello Dave,

Have a look at the following,
http://www.espressographics.com/text/restoring.html
Also, do a Google search for Photoshop tutorials+restorating old photographs.

HTH

Mike H
K
Kingdom
Oct 10, 2005
"Dave" wrote in
news:YaA2f.2539$:

Hi Guys,

Many thanks guys.

Dave.

post it up to alt.binaries.pictures.utilities with request and a few people might have a go at it. tip scan it in at 400 ppi

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
MW
Mike Warren
Oct 10, 2005
Kingdom wrote:
post it up to alt.binaries.pictures.utilities with request and a few people might have a go at it. tip scan it in at 400 ppi

He may have seen the flames in alt.graphics.photoshop a few days ago and could be a bit nervous of asking for direct help 🙂

-Mike
MW
Mike Warren
Oct 10, 2005
Dave wrote:

The techniques are, to a large extent, dependent on the specific problems with the picture.

If you want to email the picture to me (remove the spam trap from my email address) or post it to a web page somewhere, I’ll be happy to offer suggestions and even have a go at it for you.

-Mike
K
Kingdom
Oct 11, 2005
"Mike Warren" wrote in
news:434af844$0$64067$:

Kingdom wrote:

He may have seen the flames in alt.graphics.photoshop a few days ago and could be a bit nervous of asking for direct help 🙂
-Mike

Maybe the moon is blue on a Tuesday?

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
D
Dave
Oct 11, 2005
Many thanks for your response guys, very much appreciated.

Dave.

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Many thanks guys.

Dave.
D
Dave
Oct 12, 2005
Hi Mike,

What absolutley fantastic job you have done, it is awsome. I cannot thank you enough, I have printed it off and gave it back to my old neighbour and told her it was you who done the job, she started crying, firstly that the photo turned out the way it did and secondly that someone who she did not know could be so kind.

She will be singing your praises for ages Mike, and so will I, nice one mate.

A very BIG thank you Mike from the both of us.

Dave.
WK
William Kazak
Nov 15, 2005
Why don’t you go to the local bookstore and read some Photoshop books? William Kazak
http://www.williamkazak.com
T
Teun
Nov 25, 2005
"William Kazak" schreef in bericht
Why don’t you go to the local bookstore and read some Photoshop books? William Kazak
http://www.williamkazak.com

You should add a ‘back to main menu’ button. When viewing the ‘Photography’ there’s no way to return to the main menu!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections