Posted By
Sacha_Girard
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I need to retreive color settings (including Custom CMYK settings) from a file made onto another computer I can’t access. I have no idea what were those settings. Is there a way to know, like is it embedded in the Photoshop file code or whatever?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 13, 2004
It might be, if the other computer was set up to embed that information at the time of saving. It’s also possible to get pretty close by looking at the individual channels, reading the ink values, and seeing what working space previews best.
SG
Sacha_Girard
Jul 13, 2004
Thanks, I’ll try that!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 13, 2004
Actually there IS a way.

Save the file as a tiff, a jpeg or a gif and use the ColorSync script to extract its profile.

The Script that you want is:
Library/Scripts/ColorSync/Extract profile.

Double-click the Script to run it.
AR
Andrew Rodney
Jul 13, 2004
You talking color settings (custom color settings) or an embedded profile in a document? Big difference. You can extract an embedded profile from a document using the Extract ICC profile Applescript which should be on your Mac.

If you want custom color settings then someone has to have saved them as a .csf file, then you can load that into your Color Settings.

Custom CMYK settings from the Photoshop Classic engine pre-Photoshop 5 are different from the above. Custom CMYK settings are now saved as ICC profile but prior to PS5, they were in a proprietary format.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 13, 2004
Try pasting a new image over the old CMYK.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 13, 2004
go with Christ.

leave the city.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections