GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and the happiest of new years.

Once again we have put together our yearly greetings once again with an introductory card, a yearly news letter and three gifts. Please come and visit get a glass of wine, read the messages and listen to the music and I do hope you enjoy our message. A bit of an up front the Letter does take a bit longer to load. Click on the URL and then you are there.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdixon4/Christmas2003/Index.html

Grant and Doreen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
Very nice. I enjoyed my stay with you…a little too much wine though 😉 Thank You
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 22, 2003
Beautiful, Grant. Your second gift is one of my favorite carols. Thank you for sharing.

Susan S
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Dec 22, 2003
I’ve always liked that Robert Frost poem. Thanks
bert
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 22, 2003
Thanks Grant. Very nice. However, I don’t know about you guys, but I had trouble downloading the wine.
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 22, 2003
I think the "wine" download is already in the Elements feature requests for the next version. <G>

Very nicely done, Grant .

Merry Christmas, all.
EA
Earl_Alexander
Dec 22, 2003
Thanks Grant and Doreen,

Best wishes to all of you on this holiday season.
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 22, 2003
Grant,

What a lovely message and wonderful gifts. Thank you so much.

In the letter, Doreen talks about going to see Peter Tonje in concert. I have a CD by a Peter Togni who once was the morning host on CBC Radio Two. I’m curious if these are by some chance the same person?

Dick
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Dick

Good eyes you have. I contacted Doreen and she said …. well it was a short word and then something about her woolly brain and then "change it please!" Second error so far, at this rate it should be completely corrected by the time I put next years up.

Grant
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 22, 2003
It’s a beautiful Christmas greeting. Did you do those paintings yourself?

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
I see the first two are by no other than A Y Jackson. Canadian born Artist….member of "The Group Of Seven". So many have copied these fine artists,,,tried to.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
Here you’ll see the most famous group portrait of all time…The Group Of Seven. They were amazing.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Shan

If I did I would be wealthy enough to give every one a copy of CS and new dSLR and then take you all to Holland to have our group portrait taken by Leen.

http://www.tomthomson.org/groupseven/

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
oops…here’s the link

<http://www.tomthomson.org/groupseven/>
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Jodi

It must be a Canadian thing to recognize The Group.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
Grant, I guess. They were a big part of my upbringing. My mother owns that huge book with all those paintings ( worth big bucks now )…was on the bookshelf since I was real little. i always looked at the pictures in this book with great interest. They were kind of ‘Gods’ in our home. i wrote a paper on them in grade 8.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 22, 2003
I must admit that I’ve never heard of The Group, so I’m really glad you posted the link to fill in that gap in my knowledge base!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Jodi

When I was much younger is spent a few years studding art with Robert Bateman and he instilled a love in me for Impressionists in general and the Group of Seven in particular.

Grant
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 22, 2003
Grant,

Rest assured I didn’t post that to point out a error! I just thought it was too much of a coincidence!

The CD I have is called Shimmeree, 12 jazz renditions of famous classic music works.

Dick

With a name like Togni, how could Tonje be wrong?
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 22, 2003
Dick

Have no fear I do like to get thing right and appreciate the heads up.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 22, 2003
Funny thing about the Group of seven. many of them did quick postcard size paintings while on location. Lighting changes things so quickly that it was impossible to get the feel of a scene while painting for hours at a time. they would then take their dozens of post card size images back to the studio and paint an actual size painting from these little references.
J
jhjl1
Dec 22, 2003
Grant I hope you and Doreen have an absolutely wonderful holiday. I enjoyed the gifts very much.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 22, 2003
Grant,

Visiting with you two was a wonderful experience, thank you for asking me to call in … just wish you really lived around the corner.

Thank you for the wine, the music, the gifts …. everything

Merry Christmas to you and everyone
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 22, 2003
LWhat a lovely message…thank you for spending the time it took for you and Doreen to put it all together! Wishing you the best of Holidays…including a fantastic New Year! Dorothy
LG
Lorace_Graham
Dec 24, 2003
I’ll be! I missed the wine, also, but I didn’t miss the beautiful gifts! I loved the pictures and the poems. They put me in a very nostalgic mood.

Thanks so much, Grant and Doreen.

And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Lorace

The best part of 2003 was meeting all of you!
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 24, 2003
GRANT and DOREEN,
Excellent writing, photography, poems, art …. so nice to feel I know all of you better. Thank you!
Marty
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 24, 2003
Thanks for the beautiful card. I also enjoyed the gifts…or is that gifs. It was a wonderful selection.

Terri
B
bethC
Dec 24, 2003
Thank you Doreen and Grant for the holiday wishes. It sounds like great winter pastimes. Computers and weaving. I have tried my hand at weaving quite awhile ago – it was very enjoyable and I designed, cut and hooked a few wall hangings. (Of course computers are fun too).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
beth
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Dec 24, 2003
I also weave quite a bit…especially after a few glasses… 🙂
Bert
BJ
Barbara_J_Breault
Dec 24, 2003
Grant and Doreen,

I will raise my glass to you. Beautiful card with all the gifts. Robert Frost’s poem has been one of my favorites for a long time. Art and music so inspiring.

Barb
IK
Irene_K
Dec 25, 2003
Thanks Grant and Doreen, your gifts are very enjoyable. I especially like the music in your second gift.

I hope you are having a great Holiday.

Irene K
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 26, 2003
I would like to take this time to thank every one that has spent a little time enjoying my yearly greeting it is so terribly nice to have such wonderfully warm responses from all my friends. I do you all had a wonderful Christmases.

Grant

Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections