BB
Posted By
Barrett Bonden
Sep 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
V8 and & V7 same frustrating mess – the foreground to transparent gradient produces a black smear instead of what I want, which is, or course , a slow merge between two pictures.
I’ll paste in another shot, and try to "merge" them , and get instead a mess; I’ve read tutorials on this;oddly sometimes it seems to work, but 9 times out of 10 , nothing.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Sep 20, 2005
"Barrett Bonden" wrote in
news:xgHXe.9277$:

V8 and & V7 same frustrating mess – the foreground to transparent gradient produces a black smear instead of what I want, which is, or course , a slow merge between two pictures.
I’ll paste in another shot, and try to "merge" them , and get instead a
mess; I’ve read tutorials on this;oddly sometimes it seems to work, but 9 times out of 10 , nothing.

Are you sure your doing this correctly? Think your missing the quick mask

2 image layers

top layer, select the quick mask mode (q).
Select gradient tool – drag it over the image say left to right go to channels pallett, with quick mask selected , load channel as selection (dotted circle bottom of pallett)
Hit (q) again to go back into standard mode.
Hit backspace key to delete selected gradient.

You can then repeat with next layer or whatever.

f=Ma well, nearly…
BB
Barrett Bonden
Sep 20, 2005
many thanks

"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Barrett Bonden" wrote in
news:xgHXe.9277$:

I’ll paste in another shot, and try to "merge" them , and get instead a
mess; I’ve read tutorials on this;oddly sometimes it seems to work, but 9 times out of 10 , nothing.

Are you sure your doing this correctly? Think your missing the quick mask

2 image layers

top layer, select the quick mask mode (q).
Select gradient tool – drag it over the image say left to right go to channels pallett, with quick mask selected , load channel as selection (dotted circle bottom of pallett)
Hit (q) again to go back into standard mode.
Hit backspace key to delete selected gradient.

You can then repeat with next layer or whatever.

f=Ma well, nearly…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections