DE
Posted By
David_Edward_Byrd
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I "Make a New Path" around an object, PS7 selects the background (inverse) rather than the object. And I am unable to select a compound object (like a "donut" or the letter "B"). Is there a patch for this obvious error? Or is there a way around this horrible problem? I have to go to another hard-drive and use PS6 in order to make a selection! PS6 was FABULOUS with compound selections from Paths. (In PS6 you could feather the outside of the donut with 5 pixels and the inside of the donut with 1 pixel.) How did this happen?! I have re-installed from the disk several times, to no avail. Since I color photographs using the Multiply option, not being able to make complex selections is a disaster. Can anyone help me? I am on a G4 400mhz with Panther using Photoshop 7. I have 1.35 gb RAM.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
progress
Jul 11, 2004
to be honest its probably worth doing a search here…your question gets answered probably every week…it might even be in the faq
B
Buko
Jul 11, 2004
Doesn’t anyone read the manual anymore??
DE
David_Edward_Byrd
Jul 11, 2004
I did a search, and I got the answer I needed from an Ed Hannigan message. I do not have a manual, as i shared the purchase with another person, and she got the manual and is presently in Asia on a job. Thank you for your patient suggestion. I was just a little freaked… David Byrd
JS
John_Slate
Jul 11, 2004
That seems like an equitable deal, he gets to use the software, and she gets to keep the manual.

Wait…you don’t suppose they BOTH could be using the software?

NAH!
P
progress
Jul 11, 2004
perhaps they are…but then you can get multi licenses under one serial and one box of manuals.

David, there should be some pdf’s on the install CD

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections