GD
Posted By
GlennT Dulmage
Aug 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

I have a picture of a man wearing a white shirt (the shirts has lots of folds in it). When I select the shirt and use Edit/Fill/Foreground Color (which I have previously selected), it changes the color all right, but it does not show the folds and the texture of the shirt.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
MMnospam
Aug 30, 2005
"Glenn Dulmage" wrote in message

I have a picture of a man wearing a white shirt
(the shirts has lots of folds in it). When I select the shirt and use Edit/Fill/Foreground Color (which I have
previously selected), it changes the color all right,
but it does not show the folds and the texture of the shirt.

One method —
After selecting the shirt, copy and paste it into a new layer. Apply the foreground colour to the selected area on the new layer. Choose Hard Light in the drop down list in the Layers dialog box.
K
khankins
Aug 30, 2005
"MMnospam" wrote in message

(the shirts has lots of folds in it). When I select the shirt and use Edit/Fill/Foreground Color (which I have

One method —
After selecting the shirt, copy and paste it into a new layer. Apply the foreground colour to the selected area on the new layer. Choose Hard Light in the drop down list in the Layers dialog box.
That would be a great "print screen" to show us all how to accomplish
M
MMnospam
Aug 30, 2005
wrote in message
"MMnospam" wrote in message

One method —
That would be a great "print screen" to show us all how to accomplish

OK, see link …
http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~mmawson/shirt/

(I don’t consider myself a PhotoShop expert, so someone
may come up with an easier way to do this).
G
garywed
Aug 31, 2005
(1) Duplicate layer by dragging it from the Layers palate to the icon just to the left of the trash can. Alternately right click on the name and select "Duplicate layer". This saves your original and allows you to work on a copy
(2) Use lasso, mask, and other tools to select just the shirt (3) Image–>Adjustments–>Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box, then slide the hue slider until you are near the color you want. Make final adjustments with the Saturation and Brightness/Lightness sliders as well. The folds and spots will be preserved, but the color will be changed.

Cheers!
garywed

Glenn Dulmage wrote:
I have a picture of a man wearing a white shirt (the shirts has lots of folds in it). When I select the shirt and use Edit/Fill/Foreground Color (which I have previously selected), it changes the color all right, but it does not show the folds and the texture of the shirt.

Thanks
K
Kingdom
Aug 31, 2005
"Glenn Dulmage" wrote in
news:yu3Re.1629$:

Thanks

If your using CS use the colour replacement tool – it very simple.

if your not create a new layer, fill it with a the colour you want and slide the opacity back untill you see the detail, delete what’s not wanted

f=Ma well, nearly…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections