Posted By
Kevin Cowans
Aug 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all

I am new to PS CS 2 and need some advice so please excuse the possible dump question.

If I take my pictures in RAW on my Canon 350D how do I transfer them to PS CS 2?

When I connect the camera to my Laptop it starts up the Canon transfer utility but it only finds the JPG files and not the RAW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KC
Kevin Cowans
Aug 29, 2005
Hello all

Thats supposed to be ‘dumb’ question not ‘dump’ 🙂

Bye for now

Kevin

"Kevin Cowans" wrote in message
Hello all

I am new to PS CS 2 and need some advice so please excuse the possible dump question.

If I take my pictures in RAW on my Canon 350D how do I transfer them to PS CS 2?

When I connect the camera to my Laptop it starts up the Canon transfer utility but it only finds the JPG files and not the RAW.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin
J
Jim
Aug 29, 2005
"Kevin Cowans" wrote in message
Hello all

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin
Remove the card from the camera. Install a card reader on you computer. Insert card into read. Copy files from card to computer using Explorer. Remove card from reader.
Insert card into camera. Format card in camera.
Your problem would seem to be that the software that you are trying to use does not recognize the RAW format file type. The above instructions tell you how to get the image from the card to the computer. How you read these images into PS is another issue.
Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections