BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On a job the other day someone gave me a teeny little calendar which I promptly tossed into the pocket of my purse where my extra camera battery and CF card live. I just now noticed that the calendar doodad has a refrigerator magnet for a backing.

Should I be worried about my card (no unsaved photos on it, fortunately) or my battery after they were bouncing around next to that for a few days?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Dec 19, 2003
Barbara,

Although I’d recommend you NOT carry magnets around for a number of reasons, Flash cards are not magnetic like tape or floppies, so there should be no damage. But remember that anything with an iron base will be effected at least a little, which generally is not good.

Bob
RO
Robert_Overlock
Dec 20, 2003
Barbara,
I agree with Bob’s comments.

I wanted to provide my email

Aloha, Bob
B
BobHill
Dec 20, 2003
Barbara,

What CAN be effected by the magnets in your purse are all your credit cards, which do use tape type data for scanning. You’ll wipe out that CC data in a hurry if the magnets get close to those.

Bob
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 20, 2003
Hi, Bob, yes I know, thanks. This was in an outside pocket where I just keep biz cards, exra CF cards and extra batteries, so I don’t have to worry about that. I just wondered if the circuitry in the CF card would also suffer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections