HT
Posted By
hypo_thalamus
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
on occasion, when i create a new path and then make a selection, photoshop keeps selecting the inverse! this is so bizarre. from then on, all new paths default to selecting inverse yet the paths made, say, yesterday are fine. i’m discombobulated! plus it’s so annoying. any suggestions? discard prefs?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 9, 2004
Petition Adobe to fix the paths’ behavior!
(and play with the pathfinder-like icons in the menu)
BG
barry_gray
Jul 9, 2004
"discombobulated"
Haven’t seen that for many solar rotations!
Is your age showing?
DE
David_Edward_Byrd
Jul 11, 2004
When I make a path to select an object, it instead selects the background or "inverse", which completely screws me up, as I muse PhS 7 to color Photographs in the Multiply Mode. I keep re-installing from the disk, but nothing helps. Does anyone know of a patch that can fix this?
P
progress
Jul 11, 2004
tried setting the path to a different behaviour using the icons on the option bar?
B
Buko
Jul 11, 2004
Doesn’t anyone read the manual anymore??
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 11, 2004
Probably not. Not since Adobe made that appalling decision to charge for them.
B
Buko
Jul 11, 2004
I have one on my computer. it came with the app.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 11, 2004
CD-bearing PDFs do not a Manual make.

And a $50 purchase doesn’t deliver much of one either…

:~(
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 11, 2004
The point about manuals is that, yes, it’s great to have direct, convenient access to a manual for a quick "how-to" while you are actually using your computer. But…

If you want to do extended reading, the glowing screen before you is simply not the best way to learn. A bound book is.

The CS Suite, with its content, capabilities — and pricepoint — deserves a paper manual, included in the box.

You don’t buy a Rolls Royce with vinyl seats.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections