Posted By
John Jay Smith
Aug 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I do not master PS7 so sometime I use tricks (like other progrems) to reach my objective.

This time I ‘d like to create a ringed planet without using additional software (astronomy plugins). The problem is the ring.
I would like to create a ring on the saturn system. I need to distort a "twirl" that currently looks circular (as view from top) and created in a separate layer. I need to distort it so that it looks elliptical and tilted.

Up to now I do it in creating a new image and resizing it without "constraint" then I titlt the all image, and endly I copy the resulting image as a new layer in the previous image (do you follow me). I also use specific applications like plugins related to astronomy.

I think that it is possible to ensure this distortion without creating a new image, directly handling the layer and specific PS functions Could you help me bec my curret manuals do not explain this ? How to proceeed ?

Idem to create a planet from a planisphere (see next question). Thanks in advance

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/alienworlds-renderings.htm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections