K
Posted By
kevinswan
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
‘m shooting with both Canon 10D and Canon 1D MkII.

I’m on a Mac, and PhotoShop Album is not available. I use iView Media Pro 2.5, usually. iView stores its own previews (rotated or unrotated), and does not edit the actual .jpeg file unless I do an edit from iView (it can crop, etc.).

The problem is happening with images from both cameras. The problem happens weather I use iView or not. The sequence is as follows:

I shoot a portrait shot with the camera, using the "auto rotate" feature. I open the .jpeg in PhotoShop 8.0 (CS)
The first time I open it, it opens in proper aligment (portrait). If I make any edit and save then:
The thumbnail indicates portrait.
If I open it in orther apps, it’s portrait (Explorer, Preview (a viewer app for mac), etc.) If I open it in PhotoShop, it is now landscape.
If I rotate the image back to portrait in PhotoShop and save it, the next time I open it in PhotoShop, it is in landscape again.

And here’s where it gets strange…

If I simply MOVE the image from its original folder, to another folder, to the desktop, etc., it will open properly.
If I make edits to it in the moved location, it functions properly (opens/views/etc.) If I put it back in its original location, after viewing it and saving it in another, it functions properly.

Talk about a bug…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
I would see this as a conflict with i View Pro.

View Pro is still telling PS to rotate the image when opened?

why not use the file browser in PS CS. I’ve never had this problem.
K
kevinswan
Jul 9, 2004
Because the file browser does not sort and organize thousands of images, allowing me to group them, move them, etc. Please read the post. I said, "The problem happens weather I use iView or not."
B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
If you originally open the file in file browser do you have the problem??

If not then i View Pro is the problem.

you do say that moving the image fixes the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections