LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Raymond, I visited your galery and noticed a very nice wrinkle effect on "vieille-photo". How did you do it?

Leen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 18, 2003
Leen, I’m obviously not Ray, but that was a Creative Mac Tutorial on Creating a Rumpled Picture < http://www.creativemac.com/2003/06_jun/tutorials/psrumple030 603.htm>. I also used that technique on this <http://www.pbase.com/image/17863183> flower. A really neat technique, I found it works best on large areas of white. This is how the original flower < http://home.earthlink.net/~bjwimages/bjwimages/Photos_11.htm l> appeared prior to rumpling.

Barb
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 19, 2003
Barbara, on the internet I can hardly notice the difference, although I have my preferences. 😉 (Beth, I ain’t gonna reset these preferences.)

I’ll check out this link this weekend. Thank you very much. I hope it works on PC too, but I’ll check that later. It’s about 01.30 now and my bed is more attractive at the moment.

Leen
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
You’re a real night owl Leen, good night. I think it should work on a PC also. I’m guessing which one you prefer, it’s… You know what happened last time I guessed. 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 19, 2003
Hi Barbara, What wonderful flower photos! They are beautiful! The originals are soooo good and I imagine that all the rumples and other neat things that can be done to them come out great too. Its the original that makes the difference. I can’t wait for my garden to come into full bloom next summer so that I can get some close ups and macros and see what I can do, now that I have studied PSE for a year.
The Creative Mac site I just bookmarked.
There is so much fun to be had and so much to do with all your tutorials here, that I cannot catch up but I sure am trying!
Jane
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Hi Jane, thanks for your very kind comments! I’m a flower fanatic, love gardening and shooting them as well. I can’t wait for spring, I may have to buy some flowers to shoot in a studio setting so I can stay content until then. It’s fun to play around with these tutorials and see what you can come up with. Barbara Brundage posted that link this past summer; they have some interesting tutorials and also some very different brushes for downloading (Nagel Series Brushes < http://www.creativemac.com/2003/10_oct/features/download5003 1024.htm>, this is one of the brush sets, there are many more under Creative Mac "Features", most will work in PSE 2 ). Hope you find time to have fun with it all!

Barb
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 19, 2003
What a great site, the Creative Mac one!
I have some of the Nagel brushes and they are sure neat. My husband last week just relinquished part of his veggie garden to my flowers, a summer promise, as the pests(and our dogs) have wreaked havoc on them. Flowers might do better? Oh well, he said just try it.
We just will have to put a fence up.
It will be worth the work. Now how to keep the grandkids out,,,,,,,, Jane
R
Ray
Dec 19, 2003
Barb,

Yes I do mind, but I think it’s too late, isn’t it.

Ray

…. ok! Just kidding here! Of course I don’t mind 🙂 (the guy had a rough day, I needed to tease
someone.. !!)

Yep, it’s the same tutorial. I think it’s you Barb who posted it here several months ago. Or was it the other Barbara ? I’m not sure. But I know it was a "Mac" person.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Ray, you had me worried there for a split second! 😉 Barbara Brundage posted that terrific tutorial, I haven’t tried that one in quite a while. Hmmm lets see, what shall I rumple….?

Barb

p.s. …you’ll be a "Mac" person soon too! 🙂 One of these days right?
R
Ray
Dec 19, 2003
Barb, it still in the works. Probably around April or May. I’m still unsure about the model, though. A desktop would be nice (dual G5.. !) and a laptop would be convenient. But, the laptop still has "more votes", if I can say so.

By the way, I really don’t get mad easily. Especially when sharing information with other. I believe this board has given me 10 times more than I gave back.

Ray
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Ray, I went to Comp USA today to get some paper for my printer and couldn’t help strolling over the the Apple section. I saw that Dual G5, but they also had the new 20" iMac on display…wow that looks great! I have the 15" one and screen space is rather sparse when I have the palettes open. Remember to keep the screen size in mind especially with all the "Elementing" that we do. This was my first computer, so I really can’t complain, it’s been one of the best things I ever bought, well that, and my camera. Hope you get what suites you best!

Ray, I feel the same as you about this great gathering place. I’ve learned almost everything I know about PSE2 right here on this forum. I started reading the manual, but it was missing the interactive help I required in the beginning. Thanks everyone! 🙂 Now it’s just a fun place to hang out. 😉

Barb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections