Posted By
Jonas HS
Aug 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m using Elements but used to have the same problem with PS. The program crashes my Win XP Home, geting me a blue screen with white letters.
This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and sometimes when I save my image – probably at other times also.
The images I’m editing are not particularly large.

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
SpaceGirl
Aug 19, 2003
"Jonas HS" wrote in message
Hi,

I’m using Elements but used to have the same problem with PS. The program crashes my Win XP Home, geting me a blue screen with white letters.
This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and sometimes when
I
save my image – probably at other times also.

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

Most likely a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest driver for your computers video card.
JH
Jonas HS
Aug 19, 2003
Most likely a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest driver for your computers video card.

You may well be right – but I do have the latest drivers.

J

"SpaceGirl" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi,

This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and sometimes
when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

W
Waldo
Aug 19, 2003
It may be possible that your memory is broken. Do you have 1×512 or 2×256? In the latter case, you could try to remove one bank of memory.

Waldo

Most likely a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest driver
for
your computers video card.

You may well be right – but I do have the latest drivers.
J

Hi,

when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

Most likely a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest driver
for
your computers video card.

CG
Catherine Gardner
Aug 19, 2003
How long ago did you install elements? I also have an XP and when I installed elements it crashed my computer every time I tried to open it. It turned out to be one of the XP updates that was doing it. I spoke with someone at the service centre provided with elements and they told me to delete one update at a time and then see if it fixes the problem. If not then reinstall that one and try another one. It worked for me and I have not had any further problems.

Catherine, Ottawa, Ont. Canada
Using Olympus C-4000z and or C-5050z & Photoshop 7

news:alt.binaries.photos.original , news:alt.photography , news:alt.graphics.photoshop

Hi,

This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and sometimes when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

S
SpaceGirl
Aug 19, 2003
Catherine, whoever told you that is frankly an idiot. Reinstall Element, reinstall the video driver and see if that works. The updates are there for a good reason; your security and the security of those ppl you know. It wouldn’t be nice if your machine was infected by a slammer virus, and then promptly infected all your friends machines via email simply because you decided not to update….

"Catherine Gardner" wrote in message
How long ago did you install elements? I also have an XP and when I installed elements it crashed my computer every time I tried to open it.
It
turned out to be one of the XP updates that was doing it. I spoke with someone at the service centre provided with elements and they told me to delete one update at a time and then see if it fixes the problem. If not then reinstall that one and try another one. It worked for me and I have not had any further problems.

news:alt.binaries.photos.original , news:alt.photography , news:alt.graphics.photoshop

Hi,

when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

J
Jim
Aug 19, 2003
Am running XP with all updates, PhotoShop 7.01 never had a crash. Sure runs good.
Jim

"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
Frankly, either install the updates now or get off the internet. The
reason
your PC is crashing is more likely to be down to a virus than anything
else.
People, you MUST INSTALL UPDATES. Occasionally they may go wrong (never in the case of our studios with over 100 Windows XP machines), but it’s far less risky than having someone break into your system, steal your work and leave you with a virus. Yes?

"Oh, I dont change the break pads on my car. I hear it can go wrong."
I just installed Elements.
For the reason you mention I have not installed a single Windows update patch – my former experience tells me that they make things worse.
– Jonas

"Catherine Gardner" skrev i en meddelelse
How long ago did you install elements? I also have an XP and when I installed elements it crashed my computer every time I tried to open
it.
It
turned out to be one of the XP updates that was doing it. I spoke
with
someone at the service centre provided with elements and they told me
to
delete one update at a time and then see if it fixes the problem. If
not
then reinstall that one and try another one. It worked for me and I
have
not had any further problems.

Hi,

I’m using Elements but used to have the same problem with PS. The program crashes my Win XP Home, geting me a blue screen with
white
letters.
This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and
sometimes
when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

LP
Laurence Payne
Aug 19, 2003
I regularly update my windows! It was in that one case a few months back where the one update crashed the elements program. The day I called they had just had a larger number of people run into the same problem. Since deleting that one patch, reinstalling elements, then updating on a regular basis I have had no further problems.

Which update? Everyone’s being so vague about the vital information 🙂
S
SpaceGirl
Aug 20, 2003
"Laurence Payne" wrote in message
I regularly update my windows! It was in that one case a few months back where the one update crashed the elements program. The day I called they had just had a larger number of people run into the same problem. Since deleting that one patch, reinstalling elements, then updating on a
regular
basis I have had no further problems.

Which update? Everyone’s being so vague about the vital information 🙂

Patches get patched, so the chances are if there was a serious glitch a while ago it’ll have been resolved by now… hm. I have no idea what patch. 🙂
JH
Jonas HS
Aug 20, 2003
Frankly, either install the updates now or get off the internet.
Frankly, I have no intention of doing either. I’ve auto-updated my Windows before leading to severe problems. It has never run more smoothly than without any update. My PS problems have appeared both with and without Win updates.

The reason your PC is crashing is more likely to be down to a virus than
anything else.
Plain wrong. Antivirus and firewall are alive and kicking. Quite likely a hardware issue, though.

People, you MUST INSTALL UPDATES.
Speaking from personal experience I would advice everybody to do no such thing. But this discussion belongs in another newsgroup. There’s a hint for you.

– Jonas

Frankly, either install the updates now or get off the internet. The
reason
your PC is crashing is more likely to be down to a virus than anything
else.
People, you MUST INSTALL UPDATES. Occasionally they may go wrong (never in the case of our studios with over 100 Windows XP machines), but it’s far less risky than having someone break into your system, steal your work and leave you with a virus. Yes?

"Oh, I dont change the break pads on my car. I hear it can go wrong."
I just installed Elements.
For the reason you mention I have not installed a single Windows update patch – my former experience tells me that they make things worse.
– Jonas

"Catherine Gardner" skrev i en meddelelse
How long ago did you install elements? I also have an XP and when I installed elements it crashed my computer every time I tried to open
it.
It
turned out to be one of the XP updates that was doing it. I spoke
with
someone at the service centre provided with elements and they told me
to
delete one update at a time and then see if it fixes the problem. If
not
then reinstall that one and try another one. It worked for me and I
have
not had any further problems.

Hi,

I’m using Elements but used to have the same problem with PS. The program crashes my Win XP Home, geting me a blue screen with
white
letters.
This (often, not always) happens when I change "levels" and
sometimes
when
I

Anyone have a solution?

Thx.

My system:
512 MB Ram
1100 MhZ CPU

S
SpaceGirl
Aug 22, 2003
Frankly, either install the updates now or get off the internet.
Frankly, I have no intention of doing either. I’ve auto-updated my Windows before leading to severe problems. It has never run more smoothly than without any update. My PS problems have appeared both with and without Win updates.

The reason your PC is crashing is more likely to be down to a virus than
anything else.
Plain wrong. Antivirus and firewall are alive and kicking. Quite likely a hardware issue, though.

People, you MUST INSTALL UPDATES.
Speaking from personal experience I would advice everybody to do no such thing. But this discussion belongs in another newsgroup. There’s a hint
for
you.

– Jonas

People like you are responsible for propagating virus and worms in the first place… Never mind.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections