S
Posted By
Smurfy
Jul 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today, I have started to get "Could not complete the request due to a programming error" alert when using the clone or eraser tool

Only not all the time, I had to recreate one graphic because it got to where I couldn’t do any thing on that particular file.

Other times it comes and goes on the same file… very annoying and it’s slowing me down.

My quick google search seems to indicate a hardware conflict, but I’m on a laptop that hasn’t had any changes, and PS CS has been quite happy for over a year now on it.

Dell Inspiron 8500
1 GB RAM
Geforce 4200 GO
Win XP with all the updates.

Any one have any ideas?

TIA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Stephan
Jul 21, 2005
Runnin’ on Empty wrote:
Today, I have started to get "Could not complete the request due to a programming error" alert when using the clone or eraser tool
Snip
My quick google search seems to indicate a hardware conflict, but I’m on a laptop that hasn’t had any changes, and PS CS has been quite happy for over a year now on it.
Snip

Try deleting your preferences, that is the first thing to do when PS gets weird.
If that fails a new installation is the next step.

Stephan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections