CN
Posted By
CRB999 News
Jul 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi peeps, I’m using Photoshop 7.01 and cannot find a plugin to handle the Coolpix 8800 RAW files.

It seems they have one for CS but that is too expensive.

Can anybody guide me in this matter?

Regards

Chris

ps

I also use Picasa2 and while it can resolve the RAW issue there is a terrible colour cast!

They don’t seem to have answers to that either, at least, not on their web site!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Cooter
Jul 12, 2005
Two possible solutions – Download Adobe’s free DNG converter. It converts RAW (including CP8800) files to a generic Adobe format. However, not sure if DNG converter works with PS 7.
Best bet – get the free Raw Shooter Essentials. It supports the CP8800 and is a pretty good converter – both JPG and TIF. I have used it successfully with my CP8800.
CN
CRB999 News
Jul 14, 2005
Cooter wrote:

Two possible solutions – Download Adobe’s free DNG converter. It converts RAW (including CP8800) files to a generic Adobe format. However, not sure if DNG converter works with PS 7.
Best bet – get the free Raw Shooter Essentials. It supports the CP8800 and is a pretty good converter – both JPG and TIF. I have used it successfully with my CP8800.

Thanks for that!

I shall go looking for Raw Shooter!

Regards

Chris
CN
CRB999 News
Jul 14, 2005
Cooter wrote:

Ah! Big problem!

I run Win98se

Rawshooter is for XP only!

Regards

Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections