F
Posted By
Frank
Jun 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see that around the 14th of this month this ng stopped linking to the Adobe forum.
Why?
Thx.
Frank

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 23, 2005
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:46:57 -0700, Frank wrote:

I see that around the 14th of this month this ng stopped linking to the Adobe forum.
Why?
Thx.
Frank
Frank,
Good question!
A lot of non Adobeforum posters were getting annoyed that their questions were going unanswered, not realising that the majority of "contributors" to this group never even saw it. I don’t know if there was a connection re the split. (pardon the pun)
I ended up signing up with the forum but I admit, it is not as convenient or as quick to get into, as browsing this NG, but if you want the best solutions, that’s the place to ask.

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply
F
Frank
Jun 23, 2005
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Why?
Thx.
Frank

Frank,
Good question!
A lot of non Adobeforum posters were getting annoyed that their questions were going unanswered, not realising that the majority of "contributors" to this group never even saw it. I don’t know if there was a connection re the split. (pardon the pun)
I ended up signing up with the forum but I admit, it is not as convenient or as quick to get into, as browsing this NG, but if you want the best solutions, that’s the place to ask.

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

Yeah Mike, I’m a member of that forum but it is a PITA to use. I’m still wondering who unlinked us but strongly suspect it was the Adobe forum that did it.
Frank
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 23, 2005
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:14:46 -0700, Frank wrote:

Mike Hyndman wrote:

Why?
Thx.
Frank

Frank,
Good question!

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

Yeah Mike, I’m a member of that forum but it is a PITA to use. I’m still wondering who unlinked us but strongly suspect it was the Adobe forum that did it.
Frank
More than likely!
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply
S
subdude
Jun 24, 2005
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:24:33 +0100, Mike Hyndman
graced us with:

Mike Hyndman wrote:

Why?
Thx.
Frank

Frank,
Good question!

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

Frank
More than likely!
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply

You guys have it backwards. This is USENET; Adobe propagated THEIR forums to link with NNTP, not the other way around.

subdude
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 24, 2005
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:24:07 GMT, subdude
wrote:

graced us with:

You guys have it backwards. This is USENET; Adobe propagated THEIR forums to link with NNTP, not the other way around.

subdude
S,
still doesn’t explain who or why the plug was pulled.

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply
T
TimL
Jun 25, 2005
wrote:

Exactly ;o)
S
subdude
Jun 25, 2005
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:44:17 +0100, Mike Hyndman
graced us with:

wrote:

graced us with:

subdude
S,
still doesn’t explain who or why the plug was pulled.

regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

Well it doesn’t explain WHY but it DEFINITELY explains WHO (Adobe, since they’re in control of mirroring their forums with usenet).

subdude
H
harrylimey
Jun 28, 2005
I could not access the group via the Outlook Express NG this morning – it was showing 50,000,000 new messages!! I had to shut the News retriever down!! – I am writing this via Google Newsgroups.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections