J
Posted By
josoap
Jun 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I asked the question, due to all the problems that have been found in CS2, is it a good idea to upgrade from CS.
If I am asking a question in the wrong news group could some one direct me to the correct one to ask the question.
Jo.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 22, 2005
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:23:52 +0100, "josoap"
wrote:

I asked the question, due to all the problems that have been found in CS2, is it a good idea to upgrade from CS.
If I am asking a question in the wrong news group could some one direct me to the correct one to ask the question.
Jo.
Jo,

This has been discussed ad nauseam at Adobeforums.com, which until a few days ago used to be mirrored on this NG.
I have seen a lot of "posters" who have had problems with the upgrade, slow to run,save, hanging problems etc., Though complainers will always outnumber the praisers.;-)
Like any upgrade, is it really necessary? Do I use the present version to its maximum? I use CS but I am not doing much that I couldn’t do in version 6.
Check out the forum, you can browse the archives.
HTH
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply
J
josoap
Jun 22, 2005
Thank you Mike. To continue with what I have seems the sensible way to go. Jo.
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:23:52 +0100, "josoap"
wrote:

Jo.
Jo,

This has been discussed ad nauseam at Adobeforums.com, which until a few days ago used to be mirrored on this NG.
I have seen a lot of "posters" who have had problems with the upgrade, slow to run,save, hanging problems etc., Though complainers will always outnumber the praisers.;-)
Like any upgrade, is it really necessary? Do I use the present version to its maximum? I use CS but I am not doing much that I couldn’t do in version 6.
Check out the forum, you can browse the archives.
HTH
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 22, 2005
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:05:15 +0100, "josoap"
wrote:

Thank you Mike. To continue with what I have seems the sensible way to go. Jo.
No problemo Jo,

I have heard that the new vanishing point feature is worth a look, try http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/newfeatures.html regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply
M
MMnospam
Jun 22, 2005
I was sorely tempted to upgrade from CS to CS2 but
decided that it was an unwarranted expense. Would like
to have the new noise removal and would like to play
with the perspective cloning, but not at the price they’re asking for the upgrade. Have bought each upgrade from
version 4, so I hope Adobe forgive me if I wait for CS3
(or maybe CS4).

MM

– –
Website — www.powerup.com.au/~mmawson
Whimsical, surreal, colourful & stylish cartoons from a planet near you … http://www.lulu.com/content/134597

"josoap" wrote in message
Jo.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections