Posted By
Geoff Bried
Jan 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Opinions please…..

What is considered to be the best video card for photo editing.

TIA

– Geoff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NW
No Where Man
Jan 15, 2004
Geoff –

You ask 10 people, you get 10 different responses…that being said:

1st Matrox – Their G650 or 750 is a good choice, or if you have the $$, the Parhelia. Matrox is considered tops with regards to 2D image quality. If you use your system for games, then this isn’t the best choice.

2nd Nvidia Quattro-based cards – These are designed primarily for 3D work, but also have excellent 2D image quality

3rd ATi – the only downside with ATi is that they have had a reputation for flakey drivers

4th Nvidia – Nvidia is a gaming card, but provides a decent 2D image…but nothing compared to what you would get with Matrox
PL
Phil Lewin
Jun 18, 2004
I’ve been down this road before and bought the Parhelia with total satisfaction, however I need a lower priced card for 2D work on another machine. The "second choice" at the time I got the Matrox was the ATI, but I can’t remember which ATI card was recommended. Please help!

Phil

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:43:53 GMT, "No Where Man" wrote:

Geoff –

1st Matrox – Their G650 or 750 is a good choice, or if you have the $$, the Parhelia. Matrox is considered tops with regards to 2D image quality. If you use your system for games, then this isn’t the best choice.
2nd Nvidia Quattro-based cards – These are designed primarily for 3D work, but also have excellent 2D image quality

3rd ATi – the only downside with ATi is that they have had a reputation for flakey drivers

4th Nvidia – Nvidia is a gaming card, but provides a decent 2D image…but nothing compared to what you would get with Matrox
PL
Phil Lewin
Jun 18, 2004
Does anyone have any experience with the 2DLabs Wildcat VP870 display card?

Phil

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:43:53 GMT, "No Where Man" wrote:

Geoff –

H
Hecate
Jun 19, 2004
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:06:56 -0400, Phil Lewin
wrote:

I’ve been down this road before and bought the Parhelia with total satisfaction, however I need a lower priced card for 2D work on another machine. The "second choice" at the time I got the Matrox was the ATI, but I can’t remember which ATI card was recommended. Please help!
ATi Radeon 9600 is a good lower priced card.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections